Originally posted by dbook07 View Post
          That's the settings I have it on 200m dc
          set it to 20

Comment

Re: samsung lcd, new inverter board, has sound but no picture

Ok, I got it it's 5.16

Comment

Can you still see a faint picture on screen with a flashlight?

Comment

yes i can

Comment

from the off position on your meter turn it 3 clicks left...

look on the power supply and you will see 2 fuses... one near the AC main and another one... check the second one with probe to each end... reading?

Comment

Marked at top in red
                    Attached Files

Comment

I've getting zero on both fuses. TV unplugged from power supply btw.

Comment

Set meter to 600v and test that fuse while set is on... ground black probe.

Careful here... high voltage

Comment

about 470ish on ac and 220 on dc
                          Last edited by dbook07; 11-28-2013, 08:33 PM. Reason: more info

Comment

That can't be right.. what is your meter set to DC or AC?

Comment

yeah the 470 was on ac...i'm getting 220 on dc, which sounds about right i guess\

Comment

I'm going to go to bed now, thanks for all your help today newtothis, much appreciated. I'm guessing so far there isn't any fault with this board. Let me know what other components you want me to test. Cheers.

Comment

Will be moving onto the CCFL tubes and inverters next.

Won't be on tomorrow as its my daughters first birthday, maybe someone else will chime in

Comment

Ok, if there was a fault with either of the ccfl tubes or the inverters, are you able to explain why i got backlight, picture and sound with my old board, but not with this board?

Happy birthday to your daughter, have a good one!

Comment

Yes it confuses me how that has occurred... hence going through the entire board to check it!

Thanks and will do

Comment

Was this ever resolved?

Comment

@rickig: Please start a new thread, put make and model number and upload good clear pictures of your board and the symptom of the problems.
                                          Never stop learning
                                          Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
                                          http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
                                          http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
                                          http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
                                          http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
                                          http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

Working...
                                          X