toshiba pdp50x3 power supply issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

toshiba pdp50x3 power supply issue

I have an issue with voltage coming out of power supply. vs is a steady 195.6 requires 190 va 61.2 this is steady it will start dropping fast at .508 it will click off then it builds back up to 61.2 and repeats the same thing .any ideas thanks:

Re: toshiba pdp50x3 power supply issue

Vs is a little high, can be adjusted down. Are both Vs and Va dropping out or are they good?
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

just the va the vs stay constant thanks

Comment

OK, if you disconnect the Z-sus and Y-sus does Va still drop?
        Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
        For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

okay I rechecked with boards disconnected . both va and vs dropped . the vs went to 211.3 dropped to .43

Comment

Vs at 211V? Sounds like over-voltage check. Maybe it will do that with no sustain boards, hard to be sure.
            OK, can you post a picture of the chassis layout? Clear and in focus please.

Comment

hope these come out clear. both va and vs drop way to low? thanks
              Attached Files

Comment

sorry left out those readings are mv vs 1.209 v va .979 mv thanks

Comment

I have no idea what the %*&) is going on ? I plugged the boards back in turn on , the voltages are steady va 61.2 and vs 195.6 the sets on and working for how long I don't know????? their has to be a reason.

Comment

I'd double check all connections are OK. Maybe one was loose.

Comment

its been playing for over 2 hr. no issues yet; can't be that easy. thanks i'll keep ya posted .thanks for the help.

Comment

its again on off shut down after 4hr. came on shut down came on shut down . then it about 5times. then it came back on and working fine .been about 10 min .and on off again??????

Comment

I wonder if I should replace psu . because the voltage apparently is still dropping causing shut down. I am only guessing at this point. anyone have a suggestion.

Comment

I would first check power board for cracked solder joints and loose connections.

Comment

thanks i'll try that first thanks for the help

Comment

I changed the psu and now the va and vs voltages are on the money. its a rebuilt board. now the green lites on and wont turn on or off the screen is faintly on but buttons nor remote work .no picture or sound ???

Comment

It was OK before?
                                  Check all connectors.
                                  Check all output voltages from PSU - not just Vs/Va but also 3.4V, 6V, 12V etc.

Comment

well I checked all voltages on the psu all on the mark

Comment

Also check AC DET voltage.

If you put the old power supply in how does it behave?

Comment

yes I had done that and its the same .I also noticed that the control board lge pdp050121model50x3 led's d1 not lit d2 lit d15 lit d16 not d17 not d18 lit . if that's any help I know at one point they were all lit . also I checked the model no. with the back off label is pdp50x3 and on the outside case it is pdp50hp66 should have checked closer thanks

Comment

Working...
                                        X