Panasonic TC-50PU54 8 blinks picture flashes then dead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Panasonic TC-50PU54 8 blinks picture flashes then dead

This 8 blink issue where the tv turns on for a split second and then turns off IS the SS board with out a doubt.

Comment

just repaired TC-P50U50 set with bad Q051. make sure you tighten all the board screws in this set - I found 4 of them that were loose. Might be worth replacing all of them with lockwashers.

Comment

Hi All,

I will receive a TX-P50UT50E with the 8 Blink on Saturday.

Just to be prepared in ordering the replacement parts:

What is the size of the 5R6 resistor. (R16051: D0GF5R6JA047)
        http://www.resistorguide.com/resisto...-and-packages/

Could I also use a 1Watt Rresistor instead of the 1/3Watt ?

Kr

FluxFlux
        Last edited by fluxflux; 03-07-2018, 06:35 AM.

Comment

I have never found the resistors to go bad on this model. Just replace one DG302 or sub it with a gt30j124(if you sub, you should do both). Another substitute is FGPF4536. With the DG302 pulled from the board, check the diode next to it. Remember to touch up the solder top and bottom, of the screw holes.

Comment

OK, thank you for the info.
            But why do all the Repair Kits contain the resistor...?

Another question. When I sub with one of the mentioned parts....

Why to sub both? Because of the different values?

Comment

They come with the resistor because it is a .005 cent part. Maybe sometimes it burns up but I never experienced it. Changing both IBGTs with subs is just what I do. Its like having a low profile tire on the drivers side, and a snow tire on the other. There might be a speed difference between the 2 that could cause a shutdown. Trial and error will a new thread.

Comment

I have tested the continuity of this D16041, R16051, and Q16051 without issues, do I need to replace them? Second, is there a way to resolve the arching marks on the SS board holes? If so, what's the best way to do so?

Comment

Post a picture of your board. I dont know where those numbers come from. The two that go bad are on tbe end by the 2 big redish/ brown poly caps. They are the only things on the heatsink.

Comment

If you right click on the ? icon and select "Open Link in New Tab", the picture should load. For some reason, sharing image files from Onedrive and Google drive does not display it in this forum.

Comment

There is no right click on a cell phone. Read up on how to attach a picture on the home menu.

Comment

Here's the D16041, R16051, and Q16051 that I've tested for continuity and it seems to have no issues.

And here's the mounting holes that the grounding pads are stripped. How do I replace this pads on the trace and around the mounting holes?
                        Attached Files

Comment

Ok, somehow you added the number 16 in front of all the components. D16041 is d041. If you have no short at ss11, the white power connector, or at any other 3 legged transistor, it may be the ic driver. Scrape the black shit off with a razor blade and then re- tin it with new leaded solder.

Comment

then re- tin it with new leaded solder.
                            Can I use lead-free solder? Or does it has to be leaded solder? How do I test the ss1?

Thanks for the help.

Comment

Lead-free solder is the anti-christ of solder. You can use it if you want, but I never will.
                              That shit is the reason for me fixing 200+ plasma tvs. I make good money doing it, but as for using it myself on a repair, hell no!

Comment

Thank you for the help, much appreciated.

How do I go about testing if ss1 is short or not? Do I just test for continuity of ss1?

Comment

A beep longer than 3 seconds means short , if your meter has that function.

Comment

Gotta say, although tvtimmy said he never found the resistor bad, that one in the photo looks to have a hole in the top. You sure it's testing ok?

Comment

Okay, I put everything back and it's showing 6 blinks error now. What's else do I have to look for this time?

Comment

Base on this youtube video, it sounds like I need to replace my sc board. I've unplug the c20 ribbons on my sc board and c20 on the bottom and tv power stays own but black screen. Does this sounds possible?

Comment

Check the connector that goes to the power supply for short.Check all the "Q" 3 legged. Transistors for short.

Comment

Working...
                                          X