Sony KDL46z4100 red hazy picture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sony KDL46z4100 red hazy picture

Sell it as broken on ebay for $10 or something?
    Originally posted by PeteS in CA
    Remember that by the time consequences of a short-sighted decision are experienced, the idiot who made the bad decision may have already been promoted or moved on to a better job at another company.
    A working TV? How boring!

Comment

I think you should send that T-con to me
      I have the same TV and a weird raster on screen,your T-con still shows a (discolored) picture...If I put your T-con in my TV and my raster screen changes to a similar picture like yours did,then I know I have to get a T-con..
      Right now the discussion is between main board or T-con for my TV.

Let the bidding start,lol
      Proud owner of dozens of broken TV's and many,many,many boards.

Our website and passion:http://hollenhundshepherds.com/

Comment

Hi I have a Samsung lnt4042hx/xaa with a red screen instead of black plus a red distortion.....this happen occasionally. I tried cleaning the ldvs where is plugs into the tcon and it seem to work but then went red again after 4 hrs or so...any advice would be awesome thanks

Comment

All right!! I finally managed to find the time to measure with the volt meter. It's on the 20V measurement setting and I get the following out of the 12 measure points...

1: 0.32
          2: 2.23
          3: 3.47
          4: 4.19
          5: 4.54
          6: 6.14
          7: 7.04
          8: 8.29, and then second measure 7.4
          9: 7.5
          10: 10.33
          11: 9.0 and then second measure 6.3
          12: 9.5 and then second measure 8.8

So it would seem that this is indeed the problem, since I am getting varying measurements, and the measurements are not consistently increasing with each pin point?

Any other points on the board that I should measure?

Comment

Just to make sure, that is 20V DC, and you have the black probe on the chassis?
            Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
            For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Yeah, that's right! My father in law was holding the one against the chassis and I didn't see him move, but I can't guarantee it

Comment

Normally I use the wall mount bracket holes to hold the probe in place.
                These are the gamma voltages right? If so, the gamma chip is bad and that is probably causing your problem. You can replace the gamma chip or the whole t-con board. If you don't have the equipment and skills (hot air gun, temperature regulated soldering iron) I recommend a straight swap.
                Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

OK yeah these were the test points VGMA 1 through 12 that you mentioned to test, my father in law did have it on the screw points for the back mount, so think we are good there.

So I have the option to send this off to a guy for repair for ~$50 or to order from the guys at the wisny.com a 'new' board (probably refurbished) at ~$120. Would you go for the 'new' swap to be safe, or take a chance on this guy repairing?

(I have a mind to eventually learn to repair on my own, but at this point think I will leave that to the pros )
                  Thanks!

Comment

I would go for the guy repairing it, assuming that he offers a warranty/returns process if the job is done poorly.

Comment

Awesome, thanks

Comment

I'll let you know when I get new news on it

Comment

Talking to the repair guy now. Is the chip that we tested (with the VGMA 1-12 pips) the IC chip after all? Just checking as that is the chip that he wants to replace...

Comment

Tri State Module has the T400HW01 V3 fo 55 bucks with a 6 month warrenty
                            http://www.tristatemodule.com/t-Sear...q=T400HW01+V3+

Good luck,
                            Ltank

Comment

I just ordered a T400HW01 for my KDL-46z4100. from Tri State Module, i hope this will fix the issue with the entire picture looking orange and saturated when there is any type of yellow lighting .

Comment

Can anyone confirm what gamma chip this is? I have the soldering skills to try swapping out the chip, but after confirming the gamma chip was the problem, it doesn't have any markings on the IC. Exact same picture as post 25 on this thread.
                                Thanks.

Comment

Nevermind, even though the chip on this doesn't have any markings, I took a chance and replaced it with an AS15-E. The AS15E seems to have a thermal pad (haven't checked if its grounded or not) on its underside that the chip I took off of the sony board doesn't have. But the TV now works great with the new chip, so I'll assume they are at least somewhat interchangeable.

Comment

Hi everyone. I'm a new member to the forum who found this thread based on my Sony failing. It looks like I have a problem with a bad AS15 chip. Tri State is out of stock on the T-con boards. Does anyone have a good recommendation for where to acquire a new AS15 chip? Thanks.

Comment

Loads of AS-15 on ebay....
                                      TELEFIX

How PLASMA SCREENS WORK, X-SUS and Y-SUS what they do--
                                      http://www.irf.com/technical-info/appnotes/an-1088.pdf
                                      PLEASE DO NOT EMAIL ME PRIVATELY FOR REPAIR ADVICE. QUESTIONS BELONG ON THE FORUM!

Comment

I had to change my search terms three times in ebay before I got anything close, and even then the first AS15 chip to show up was down a page from the top of the listing. The chips that finally show up aren't AS-15, or AS15-E, but AS15-HF. I'm assuming this is compatible. Is $2 the right price? A lot cheaper than the replacement T-con board.

Comment

Working...
                                        X