Vizio e470va tv white logo then bright white logo nothing on scren

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vizio e470va tv white logo then bright white logo nothing on scren

I have a vizio E470VA LCD TV when I got it it was already broken the screen looks ok not cracked when plugged in vizio logo turns white with light when attempting to start the set with remote or surface power button the logo gets brighter but the set does not start just gets stuck there. has any body experienced this with a vizio 47 ? should I start with the power supply or the main board with regard to testing . also vizio vt470m and vizio e470va any compatible parts in common, I have one of those with a cracked screen

Re: Vizio e470va tv white logo then bright white logo nothing on scren

Main board -- likely EEPROM/flash mem is corrupted -- it can be fixed by replacing the EEPROM/flash mem or main board.
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

purchased mainboard on ebay installed it today still the tv does not start in fact behaves the same as with other board (old one) installed checked voltages at psu output rails and got readings within range or higher on 5v contacts and almost nothing on 24v contacts and 12v contacts also you can see the toslink port on mainboard light up red after a few seconds turned on anyone have experienced these conditions also main ceramic fuse is good

Comment

Check the PSON or REMOTE voltage. If it is changing when the set turns on but 12V/24V are low, the PSU is faulty, otherwise, the main board you received is also defective.
        Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
        For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

What readings should i be looking for at pson and remote am i looking to read something like 3v volts ?

Comment

i GOT THE READING FROM PSON AND REMOTE THEY ARE 4.76 WHEN ON MINIMAL WHEN OFF COULD CHANGING CAPS FIX THIS OR THIS SOUNDS LIKE SOME OTHER COMPONENT FAILURE

Comment

I'd consider looking at this video.
              Different cause probably, but should give you some ideas
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWbrFcfazOA

Comment

Originally posted by Altonwaldon View Post
                purchased mainboard on ebay installed it today still the tv does not start in fact behaves the same as with other board (old one) installed checked voltages at psu output rails and got readings within range or higher on 5v contacts and almost nothing on 24v contacts and 12v contacts also you can see the toslink port on mainboard light up red after a few seconds turned on anyone have experienced these conditions also main ceramic fuse is good
                Just thought I'd throw in my 2 cents here. I had this same TV a few months ago. There are several different main board / tcon / panel configurations. Make sure the main you are buying has exactly the same numbers on it. It took me 3 tries to get it right. Tried eeprom first and no dice then 2 separate main boards. Lost money on the set but it was a good learning experience. I've been through about 10 Vizio sets and all but one were main board issues.

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...t=28197&page=2
                Last edited by aaronwt6; 08-08-2013, 06:17 AM.

Comment

I saw a post you made yesterday Tom about the Vizio TVs and completely agree. The controls on them are crap. Picture, PS, everything else is top notch. In fact I believe some of the nicest pictures I've seen on both LCD and LED backlit sets have been from Vizio sets.

Comment

I just picked one up, same issue, and it looks like the inverter board is bad. No 24 or 12 V, pulled the cable from the inverter board, voltages came back. Found a shorted device, Q5 on the board. Trying to find a replacement.

Anyone have schematics for the inverter board? I'm trying to find information on it. The
                    device is AK45BP or AK458P. Looks like maybe from fairchild. Nothing on google anywhere.

Comment

Picture of this device? Maybe Alpha-Omega semiconductor.

Comment

My phone camera is only so good, so I posted two. One of the whole board and one of the bad transistor Q5. The board is a PPW-EE47NF-0.

Star Wars Marathon on here. Perfect background for working on TV's.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Could it be FDD8447L?

Comment

You nailed it!...Stupid me, I thought it was a date code....lol. I have another inverter board here from a samsung, going to see if there's a compatible mosfet on that one.

Comment

Nope, have to order the mosfet from ebay. 4 Pcs for 5 bucks and free shipping. Thanks for your help!

Comment

Ordered the mosfets, blew out again. I'm thinking a bad transformer, so I replaced the inverter board and it worked fine. Nice picture.

Comment

Originally posted by n3lka View Post
                                  I just picked one up, same issue, and it looks like the inverter board is bad. No 24 or 12 V, pulled the cable from the inverter board, voltages came back. Found a shorted device, Q5 on the board. Trying to find a replacement.

Anyone have schematics for the inverter board? I'm trying to find information on it. The
                                  device is AK45BP or AK458P. Looks like maybe from fairchild. Nothing on google anywhere.
                                  I just picked up a E470VA on CL. Same issue. Inverter short would turn off the power supply. I replaced all 8 of FDD8447L. Now works great except a random reset. Next task, updating firmware.

Comment

I also have a E470VA.

Should I start another thread or use this one?

Mine appears to have a burnt component near the bottom-of-the-board connector.

Comment

Argh... I meant to say the bottom connector on the board at the center-top of the unit (marked 715G4226-T02-000-005F)

Comment

Working...
                                      X