2 Vizio's down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 Vizio's down

Okay I have just spent the last two hours combing through all of the information in this forum. I have to say that quite a few of you are very impressive in your knowledge. But unfortunately most of the information might as well be in Latin. So I will try to explain my problems and hope that someone can help me.

37 inch LCD Vizio V037L FHDTV10a TV Power comes on with sound and light bar going from amber to white. The Screen shows a portion of the TV and then goes black. Strong smell came from back of TV. Took TV apart and on the LCD back light converter (see I did some reading) there is a burnt spot below the two large rectangles on the green board. large and is obviously why I could smell the electrical smell coming from it. Is this a replacement needed (shopjimmy) is out of stock. Or can this be fixed? Is there another trusted replacement parts retailer?

47 inch LCD Vizio VO47L FHDTV10a. Just this morning the screen went out. We have power on front light amber to white. We have sound. The remote turns TV on and off. We just don't have any picture. Took TV apart and couldn't really find anything except on the back light converter boards. On both, the caps seems to be leaking black crap out of the tops. All of the connectors seem to have a brownish tint but can't tell if they are manufactured that way. But (both) BLC's seem to have the same cap problem. Is this something I can try to replace the caps on and get away with that fix or do I need to replace both BLC's. Lastly if both BLC's have a problem does that mean I have another problem that is causing them to fail.

Okay, chuckle for a minute at my utter lack knowledge and then please try to help since i don't have a single TV in the house with 4 and 14 year old.

Re: 2 Vizio's down

Could you post some good pictures of both TVs including close ups of boards?

Looks like Ebay has a handful of the inverters for the 37"

Comment

Please create separate threads for each TV, and provide good clear pictures of the board in each TV to help us troubleshoot. We need to be able to read lettering on the boards adn components, so good clear pictures are important.

Comment

Change the caps on the inverter boards (you call them BLC's) of the 47". Do the same to any that are leaking on the power supply. Problem solved.

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24724

Comment

Yes sir. I will try my best.

Comment

Working...
          X