Samsung PN42c430 dim picture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung PN42c430 dim picture

I can't adjust the Va and Vs voltages to spec. Turning the pots doesnt change the voltage neither higher nor lower. The spec voltage for Vs should be 210 but is 160, the Va voltage is 46 but should be 54.Any ideas anyone?

Re: Samsung PN42c430 dim picture

Most common this is actually the X-main (on Samsung at least), not the Vs/Va. Check your meter battery is good just in case this is the problem.
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

You prob no more than i do but are you turning the correct pots? I remember tom66 commenting on one and it had pots for va/vs and a couple of other for something else. I forget now though.
      Do NOT touch heatsinks when testing for voltages as they may be LIVE!

Comment

My meter batteries are new. The measurements were taken at the post Va and Vs on the main power board.
        Attached Files

Comment

What is that green cap bottom left corner of the board with the pots on.
          Often the diameter is relative to the size of the circle on the board.
          Is it an original cap? has this board been worked before - do you know the history
          What are the two caps bottom right.
          Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
          http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

Does Vs rise when the Y-main is disconnected?
            Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
            For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Originally posted by selldoor View Post
              What is that green cap bottom left corner of the board with the pots on.
              Often the diameter is relative to the size of the circle on the board.
              Is it an original cap? has this board been worked before - do you know the history
              What are the two caps bottom right.
              Dont know the history, all looks original, checked replacement boards on ebay and the bords look identical to mine.

Comment

Originally posted by tom66 View Post
                Does Vs rise when the Y-main is disconnected?
                Vs drops to almost 0 when Y-main is disconnected

Comment

It should stay up for a few seconds if the TV turns off; where are you testing it, on the PSU?

Comment

All measurements are taken with a digital meter connected to chassis ground and Vs post.

Initial measurement 28mV

Energizing the PSU - 173V dropping to and stabilizing around 10V.

Power up the panel - 173V dropping to and stabilizing around 155V.

All this with the Y sus cable connected.

Now, you want me to disconnect the Y sus cable? At the PSU or at the Y sus board?

Comment

Disconnect at the PSU. If the Vs rises to the correct level, then it indicates an issue with the power supply (being unable to supply the power demanded.)

Have you also tried with a fully white screen to see if Vs drops off even more?

Comment

Ok disconnected

Energized the PSU - meter spikes to 193V emits three peeps while briefly displaying 1000V and then dropps rapidly to 0V aprox.

Comment

Originally posted by happbear View Post
                          Ok disconnected

Energized the PSU - meter spikes to 193V emits three peeps while briefly displaying 1000V and then dropps rapidly to 0V aprox.
                          What do you mean by white screen?

Comment

Try connecting it to your computer and display a mostly white screen. This draws the most power.

This doesn't appear to be as such an adjustment problem, as it can go higher with no Y-main. I suspect that marked blue capacitor.

Comment

Originally posted by tom66 View Post
                              Try connecting it to your computer and display a mostly white screen. This draws the most power.

This doesn't appear to be as such an adjustment problem, as it can go higher with no Y-main. I suspect that marked blue capacitor.
                              Thanks Tom, I had to make room for the Xmas festivities and remove the tv of the kitchen table. I will look at it again in the new yearr. Thanks for your help and happy Holidays

Comment

Working...
                              X