How to check LCD Screen for Cracks on a dead TV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to check LCD Screen for Cracks on a dead TV

Does anyone know of a good method to check an LCD Screen for any possible cracks at all when none are seen on the external screen and the TV does not power on or have any video just a dark screen to look at, can a flashlight work for this? Thanks!

Re: How to check LCD Screen for Cracks on a dead TV

It is next to impossible with newer screens.
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Look at it in direct bright sunlight - you will see all the cracks.

I bought a set from someone who swore that the screen was not cracked - when the sunlight hit it, all the cracks that he said were not there became visible.
      Last edited by crtfool; 10-27-2012, 12:23 PM.

Comment

Sometimes, it is hard to tell. With a good light, sunlight if possible, look at the screen at different angles. Some people say it is not cracked or only cracked on the 'inside' because they don't see it shattered and glass pieces falling off.

Comment

I just do not mention that I don't buy cracked screen TVs in my ads. Sounds strange but it works. The majority of people say "it looks like an ink splat" or "my nephew threw something at it and it has gone all wrong" so I don't buy those. Only had one out of 28 LCDs where the guy tried to hide the cracked screen from my dad by pulling the fuse out... unfortunately I wasn't there as you could -easily- see the crack in the screen under room lighting... but I only lost £20 to that.
          Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
          For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Working...
          X