Possible purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Possible purchase

I am stuck out of town with hubby all week and decide to shop the classifieds for some TVs.. I found an emerson with horizontal lines on bottom of screen and a samsung with vertical lines.. Whats your guys thoughts on these ..
    Attached Files

Re: Possible purchase

Samsung is bad panel, don't touch it.
    I think the Emerson may be too, I can't be sure.
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Ok

Comment

I asked about the emerson before and I think thats the same answer I got..

Comment

Vertical bar on plasma is burnt chip on the ribbon cable. All plasma tvs.

I only had one tv where it was a circuit board.

Comment

Agree with cadiman. 9 times outta 10 a vertical stipe/bar/line is unrepairable plasma panel failure.
            Did I leave the soldering iron on?

Comment

No experience with Emerson, I stay away from them. Is the Samsung a plasma or LCD? If LCD and the price is low enough. I may risk it. Bad panel, yes, but I have fixed most that I have tried to. Just tonight, I fixed a Sharp 52 inch that had half the screen all messed up. One connection point was responsible for all of it. 15 minutes of trying spots on the panel. It will take hours to fix the plastic standoffs that cracked over the years. Still, not bad for $30.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobby 1 View Post
                No experience with Emerson, I stay away from them. Is the Samsung a plasma or LCD? If LCD and the price is low enough. I may risk it. Bad panel, yes, but I have fixed most that I have tried to. Just tonight, I fixed a Sharp 52 inch that had half the screen all messed up. One connection point was responsible for all of it. 15 minutes of trying spots on the panel. It will take hours to fix the plastic standoffs that cracked over the years. Still, not bad for $30.
                Where exactly did you find the problem and was this LCD or Plasma?

Comment

I got the samsung, its an lcd. FREEEEEEEEEEE.... I figured when I got it back to the hotel and plugged it in that I would be able to flex the frame and she some changes, but I flexed the hell out of it and seen no changes.. The Emerson is also an LCD but I have not heard back from them.. I really dont need any of them, as I have 3 at home I need to get my a** back to working on but hubby and kid have kept me to busy to work on anything.
                  Last edited by lilmonk3; 10-09-2012, 08:52 PM.

Comment

So I am guessing its not he tab bonds.. I wont be able to do anything else with it until I get home.. I did notice that there are 2 lines on the screen all the time and a 3rd one comes and goes..

Comment

It could still be tab bonds, not always possible to 'clear' them by flexing. May be at the circuit board end.

The Sharp that I worked on was model LC-52D65U. The tabs are on the bottom. The problem was a main connector on the left side. It was not holding the flat connector tight enough. The metal frame is 4 seprate pieces. Took only the bottom one off. Used a piece of dense 'heat sink rubber' between the connector and the metal frame to apply pressure. Will test for several days before closing it up. Still have to fix the cracked/broken plastic standoffs. It is a thin plastic frame model, not very strong...

Comment

Working...
                      X