Samsung LN-46A530 issues with HDMI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung LN-46A530 issues with HDMI

I have picked up this TV(finally) and with HDMI input the video looks like has a T-con issue, it's screeching loudly and restarts by itself. HDMI #3 input seemed dead and the other two were doing the same green lines and screeching sound.
    With basic component input it's working great.
    I have upgraded the firmware. After the upgrade it played nicely with all three HDMI inputs for about 15 minutes and the again the same story.
    Since the firmware upgrade fixed it for a short while, I'm thinking that is a software issue. Maybe a factory reset would fix this issue?
    Last edited by tibimakai; 06-27-2012, 01:00 AM.

Re: Samsung LN-46A530 issues with HDMI

I remember these LCDs Running very HOT, and it seem like everytime it was the hard to find T-con giving problems. But definitly does not sound like your issue. First thought was upgrade, but if that didn't fix it then it would be your main board intermittly giving you this problem. You can try the system reset first. Keep us informed.

Comment

I'm thinking that it has issues with the digital signal. The analog it seems OK.
      The only solution is to replace the mainboard?

Comment

It must be a weird issue, because when I plug in the HDMI cable it starts the issue and it's causing the TV to turn on and off by itself and I have to unplug the power cord to make it stop. It seems that it goes in some kind of protection mode. But from digital signal?!

Comment

Factory reset didn't help.
          Any other suggestions?
          I will replace all the capacitors in the PS, just to be sure, they are all Sanwas.
          Previous owner stated that Samsung technician replaced the capacitors, but I'm thinking that it's been a while since that service and who knows, maybe they could be bad the second time.

Comment

Have you tried another HDMI cable? Sounds like you will need a main board.

Comment

Yes, I have tried and it's the same.
              So, nothing else can be done?

Comment

Component, PC inputs work also.
                I have noticed that Samsung guys replaced the caps(didn't clean up after themselves), but I have also noticed that the main chip which has a metal cover with heatsink it wasn't soldered all the way in, one end it was in the air. Maybe the heatsink wasn't seating with the whole surface on the chip and got fried partially?
                I can't seem to find this mainboard.

Comment

I'll need the rest of your model code and the version of the set it should be on the side.

Comment

Do you need the board number or the TV model number?
                    I have the board number handy, but I don't have the TV with me right now(iI think that it's a LN46A530P1FXZA, at least on Samsung's support site this is the only one showing up).
                    Model: Pearl
                    BN41-00975B(2008.01.13)
                    This info is on the label:
                    BN97-01985P
                    110462359: 320
                    T001
                    TOP BN 41-00975B
                    L41 A 04-21 0179

Comment

Bad capacitors can cause lots of strange problems, including squealing inductors!
                      Muh-soggy-knee

Comment

Originally posted by JimmysTGP View Post
                        I'll need the rest of your model code and the version of the set it should be on the side.
                        If you don't have the board he needs I think I might have one. I will check my stock and wait to hear back.

Comment

I have replaced all the PS capacitors with no change.
                          The TV's model number is the one that I have previously mentioned.
                          Here are two pictures with the TV, using HDMI signal(component is fine) it has a loud uncontrollable nosy coming from the speakers also:
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by tibimakai; 07-04-2012, 12:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by tibimakai View Post
                            I have replaced all the PS capacitors with no change.
                            The TV's model number is the one that I have previously mentioned.
                            Here are two pictures with the TV, using HDMI signal(component is fine) it has a loud uncontrollable nosy coming from the speakers also:
                            What kind of capacitors did you use as a replacement? I think there might be some bad ones on the mainboard though. Either that, or the PSU is unstable for some reason.
                            Muh-soggy-knee

Comment

I have used Panasonic FM/FC capacitors.
                              I was suspecting the power supply myself too, that was one reason to replace them.
                              But then, how come with other inputs it's working right.
                              There is a metal cover with a heatsink on top, I guess it's the main processor is underneath. I have found it with one side really raised, read not soldered properly. I'm thinking what if the technician who did the Samsung lawsuit repair, did it intentionally? This causing an overheating processor and it damaged it.
                              Last edited by tibimakai; 07-04-2012, 07:29 PM.

Comment

Following some of this post appears to me that your issues are coming from damages at the HDMI input area (attached schematic) or from internaly of the MT5382P micro my opinion would be the MT5382P which either way results in main board change
                                Attached Files
                                Ron Driver,BSEE,CET,ISCET,NESDA

Comment

I need a mainboard and it's hard to find.
                                  Here is one on Ebay but the last letter it's not P, it's U. Do you think that it matters?
                                  http://www.ebay.com/itm/SAMSUNG-LN46...item3cc7bbeb0c
                                  Here are my board's numbers again:
                                  Model: Pearl
                                  BN41-00975B(2008.01.13)
                                  This info is on the label:
                                  BN97-01985P
                                  110462359: 320
                                  T001
                                  TOP BN 41-00975B
                                  L41 A 04-21 0179
                                  Last edited by tibimakai; 07-05-2012, 08:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by tibimakai View Post
                                    I need a mainboard and it's hard to find.
                                    After looking at your board the one I have probably wouldn't work for you. Mine is from LN46A650 which has the 3rd HDMI port, digital audio out and LAN port.

Comment

Thank you anyway for looking.

Comment

I have just remembered to compare the LN-52A550 board(which I have) with the 46 and to my amazement it's almost the same.
                                        Actually it's working already with it, but the major difference is that on the 52 the side connections are on the mainboard and on the 46 are remote mounted.
                                        Now this one presents a challenge because there is a LVDS type connector that has to be transplanted from one board to another.
                                        Other two connections that have to be transplanted are the USB and a mini headphone PC style connector which are easy to do.
                                        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                        X