Samsung LE37A556P1F Flashing red light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Samsung LE37A556P1F Flashing red light

My reservation would be that the eeprom or the firmware chip may be set up to look for a 32 inch screen and it will bottle when it cant find it. Perhaps you can check again in the manual to see if its mentioned. Cant check myself as the link is no longer valid.
    Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

Well you will be pleased to hear I can finally put an end to this thread.

The company that I ordered a replacement power supply from had the required motherboard in stock. Since I didn't get sent the correct power supply they were happy for me to send it back and exchange it for the motherboard.

Just fitted the new motherboard now and it fired up like a charm.

So glad to have this done and dusted.

Thanks for all of the input.
      Attached Files
      Fixed so far : 1 Home cinema system, 16 LCD Monitors, 4 LCD TV's

How to resize your pictures guide click HERE
      Retiredcaps Ideal post example click HERE

Comment

Well done! - just for future viewers was the replacement exactly the same board number and was it advertised to fit 37inch ,32 inch or both.
        Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
        http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

I went with the correct 37" board rather than risking any delaying the repair by trying a 32" one.

There are so many boards for this set that have the exact same model number but are completely different. E.g more HDMI's on some than others, Extra connections and either a ribbon type LVDS connection and/or wired type.

Comment

Glad you fixed it! Now are you going to keep it or sell it? Is it 1080p?
            Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
            For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Thanks....

I do really like this series of Samsung and it is 1080P. However I already have a Pionner 27" KDL which I love so I am going to find a home for this one I think.

Comment

all Samsung part numbers will start with BN94-
                the number you see printed on the pcb, is the pcb type. with no firmware installed , also there will be hardware difference on a pcb with the same number printed on it
                always look at the part number printed on a sticker,
                ignore the BN40- number on the tuner
                it will start with BN94-

Comment

Hello everyone! This is my first post so im sorry if there is something wrong with it
                  I have a Samsung le37a659p1f TV, and it will not turn on. Red light blinks and every 30s or so, i hear a sound from tv. It sounds like some melody. I dont have an original remote controler for this TV. I have some universal controler that i got from my cable tv provider, and they say is should work with this TV.
                  Mainboard is bn40-00120A. Should i also try to flash eeprom? Or just replace mb?
                  Now im not sure is that bn40-00120a tuner model or mainboard? Or maybe this is: bn94-01741h?
                  Last edited by Boles; 08-17-2014, 10:45 AM.

Comment

Thanks guys, just fixed my tv thanks to this article....

Comment

Originally posted by py3m4n View Post
                      Now, lol. Like I mentioned originally I cant find any cases were even resetting or replacing the eeprom on the LE37A556 (BN41-0094A) has been done. although it has been done on the LE40A557 (mainboard BN44-00199A) and it is located at IC5107.
                      Let me get this straight, the IC5107 Atmel 24C256BN is the EEPROM I am looking for if I only get 4 red LED blinks and than nothing (white LED in the middle lights continuously)?
                      Less jewellery, more gold into electrotech industry! Half of the computer problems is caused by bad contacts

Exclusive caps, meters and more!
                      Hardware Insights - power supply reviews and more!

Comment

Anybody? Scenic does not seem to be responding to PMs…
                        Less jewellery, more gold into electrotech industry! Half of the computer problems is caused by bad contacts

Exclusive caps, meters and more!
                        Hardware Insights - power supply reviews and more!

Comment

Working...
                        X