Clear All

Re: A guide to fixing/troubleshooting some common plasma TV problems

Another.
    Attached Files
    Trying to fix my: LG Model no. RU42PZ61

Comment

Will be under that board.
      Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
      For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Are you referring to the large board with the silver foil ribbon connectors? This would be on the right hand side of the TV. On my left working from the back. I don't know what I am looking for, but it looks to me that that board is screwed directly to a metal panel and it does not look like there could be anything under it.

Comment

Originally posted by Merbesfield View Post
          Are you referring to the large board with the silver foil ribbon connectors? This would be on the right hand side of the TV. On my left working from the back. I don't know what I am looking for, but it looks to me that that board is screwed directly to a metal panel and it does not look like there could be anything under it.
          The pic you posted is of the main board. The control board is behind it. See the attached pic.
          Attached Files
          LG Plasma Mal-Discharge Correction Service

Comment

Originally posted by capkid View Post
            The pic you posted is of the main board. The control board is behind it. See the attached pic.
            Ok, so I see the cable and it is coiled up and zip tied. Looks like it exits just north of the main panel and goes into the larger portion of the TV I have not accessed. Am I looking for a control board "under" the main board or "above" the main board located in the section of TV I have not exposed yet? Thanks for helping. I know it is tough to do via web.

Comment

The control board is underneath the main board, which you have taken photos of.
              Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
              For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

informative post! thanks!

reason i just joined is because my 1.5 yr old LG 60" just started showing pinkish-greenish shades flickering across the screen. face shadows are greenish and whites are washed out with a pink-purple haze.

i'll carefully follow your instructions with hopes of saving this (expensive) tv

Comment

Originally posted by tom66 View Post
                  The control board is underneath the main board, which you have taken photos of.
                  Ok, so I see the small screws with the little stand offs keeping the board elevated. Once I unscrew these and lift the main board what will I need to disconnect. Do I have to remove the main board or just loosen it so I can get under it? Also, anything I should avoid or not touch with tools or hands?

Comment

Originally posted by Merbesfield View Post
                    Ok, so I see the small screws with the little stand offs keeping the board elevated. Once I unscrew these and lift the main board what will I need to disconnect. Do I have to remove the main board or just loosen it so I can get under it? Also, anything I should avoid or not touch with tools or hands?
                    Disconnect whatever is necessary to remove the control board. If you remove more than what's necessary, no biggie. Take pics so that you can put things back together correctly.
                    Last edited by capkid; 11-03-2013, 11:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mark abby View Post
                      informative post! thanks!

reason i just joined is because my 1.5 yr old LG 60" just started showing pinkish-greenish shades flickering across the screen. face shadows are greenish and whites are washed out with a pink-purple haze.

i'll carefully follow your instructions with hopes of saving this (expensive) tv
                      It's best to create your own thread if you need further help.

Comment

Originally posted by tom66 View Post
                        Consider using the board from the British version TX-P42X20B, as British standard usually very similar to EU standard. Not sure what variant it will be.

hi tom ...me again... the SJ guys sent me another SN board(we presumed that the first one was bad),i mounted it and again the tv aint working..but now i even cant start it,as soon as i power it i get 4 blinks!

when i disconnect SN board i get 4 blinks,when i disconnect SC board i get 7 blinks...when both disconnected i get 6 blinks!?

its really disappointing...but i think i messed it up all the way!

is there any help..or could you give me any tip ?

thx...

Comment

There isn't an SC and SN, only one or the other. Please double check.

Comment

sry..i dont know correct name for that long board on the right side of tv...i know that the left one is SN board,i replaced her!

Comment

Right side is SS.
                              4 blinks can be caused by Vsus short, Vda short (I think...), and 15V short. So if you get a 6/7/8 blink code when SN or SS is disconnected, I'd check each of those boards for a short across those points. You could have received a bad board, it's fairly common.

Comment

Hi Tom

Seems like a brilliant forum. Concise and (relatively) easy information to follow.

A quick question if I may as I appreciate I might (hopefully) need to start a new thread for this. I have a 42" Bush TV. I don't know the model no. I'm afraid as it's mounted on the wall at the moment and I've yet to dismount it.

This TV is approx. 10 years old and served me very well in that time. When watching the other night it appeared to suddenly go into standby mode. The screen went black and the LED power light flashed red then green 7 times. Then nothing, then the repeating flashing. I tried powering down and waiting 5 mins and then powering on but now when I turn it on it seems about to start normally but after 1-2 seconds with the green led lit, just as I expect the picture to appear, I hear a click and I get the 7 flashing red/ green LEDs. Then nothing for short while, then the 7 flashing LEDs again. No picture throughout this process.

My question is does this sound like a fixable problem? As I said this TV is about 10 years old so I'm not expecting miracles but a new TV just before Christmas isn't really something I'd like to consider.

Many thanks

Fritz

Comment

It is a plasma?
                                  The model # off the rear of the set would help, or if you have written it down.
                                  A 42" 2003 plasma is likely to be 480p SD, which will mean repairing it will probably exceed the costs of a replacement, used one (around £50 to £100 here.)

Comment

Wow, what a quick reply. Thank you.

Well I think it's a plasma. I assume it is because it's quite an early model and I thought LCD/ LED came out later?

Anyway I can get the model number off the back tomorrow but I need my allen keys from work to loosen the tilt bracket and I forgot them the rush today.

I'll post it tomorrow if that's okay but I think you may be correct if I can buy a replacement for what you say.

Many thanks

Fritz

Comment

anyone care to help me diagnose this with my LG 42 LH3000, which goes away after 15-30mins

Last edited by PhaseCoder; 11-13-2013, 09:59 AM.

Comment

Not a plasma. Keep questions in your own thread please.

Comment

Hi

I've checked the model number and it's as follows:

PDP42TV006 42PLCTV100SAM

Hopefully there's one or two cheap & simple things I can try first but if the worse case happens and I'm looking at having to replace I've been told that Panasonic, Samsung, and then LG is the order I should be looking at. Does that sounds right to you?

Many thanks

Fritz

Comment

Working...
                                          X