X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: A guide to fixing/troubleshooting some common plasma TV problems

Hello people, im having a problem with my plasma tv;
    LG 50 PC1R PLASMA TV
    The picture is purple with black dots and lines trought the screens....
    wich card is faulty??
    Please help me, im trying to fix my mum tv.
    Many thanks
    Alex

Comment

Most likely, the Z-sustain board, when you take the cover off looking at the back, this is on the RIGHT hand side of the set.
      Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
      For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Thanks Tom, if i could i would post a video of it, but i don't know how to do it here?

Comment

Here the video of the problems of mt LG 50 PC1R plasma tv; Can you people help me to understand wich card i will need to fix it?
          Thanks a lot to all of you, keep the good work on
          Alex
          Attached Files

Comment

You could post it to YouTube and link the video here.

edit:- Just saw your video, definitely a Z-sustain failure there.
            Last edited by tom66; 10-04-2013, 05:04 PM.
            Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
            For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Thanks Tom, do i need a Z sustain board now? i will now look for one on ebay or internet, have you got somebody that you can recommende?
              Thanks for all your help and i hope my post will help somebody else
              All the best
              Alex
              Lecce, Italy
              Last edited by Lost Bikers; 10-05-2013, 08:43 AM.

Comment

I actually recommend you send the board to be repaired, you can look up the part number beginning with 6871 on the Z-sus board.

Comment

Originally posted by tom66 View Post
                  I actually recommend you send the board to be repaired, you can look up the part number beginning with 6871 on the Z-sus board.
                  Where i live there isnt many people that get things repaired...usually they change all part!?
                  Many thanks for your very important help!!

Comment

There are mail in services - you post them your Z-sus, they repair it and return it. It's typically around £60 to £90 for this service (~70 to 110 euro.)

Comment

Used (but should be working) Z-SUS board for your TV. Verify part # is same before ordering. Don't know if they ship to Italy though best to ask them.
                      http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/6870QZC004...item3f2905711a

Comment

Many thanks Tom, next im in the UK i will buy you a drink !! ;-)

Comment

Hi I am having a fault on our 42" LG plasma (42PG20D). If I turn it off and then try and turn is back on within the next few minutes there is no audio (picture ok). Also when this happens when i press the on/off button on the tv there is about a 5 second delay to turn the power off. When you leave the tv off for at least 15 minutes it is most of the time ok. Any help greatly appreciated.

Comment

When the picture fails to work, in a dark room, do you see a faint glow coming from the plasma screen?

Comment

Hi Tom,
                              Is the above question for me? The picture is fine, I am having problems with the sound not working sometimes when I turn the plasma on. Usually when you turn the tv off and back on within a few minutes the audio will not work. I have to leave tv off for at least 15 minutes before turning it back on again.
                              Thanks Jason.

Comment

Yeah sorry misread your question, most likely you would be looking at a main board problem which is a replaceable part but may or may not be worth it (typically around $50 to $100 USD.)

Comment

Ok no worries I will see how much I can get one here.

Cheers
                                  Jason

Comment

Mr. tom i just wanted to say to you my friend, I've been chasing these "sparks" for quite a few years now and you sir are a true asset to this electronically induced world. thank you sir, and my hat goes off to you.

Comment

LG Plasma left half of screen is solid color vertical lines

First post here, unfortunately that means I am having Plasma problems.

I have an older LG 43" Plasma. Sorry don't have the number in front of me. Problem occurred today, left half of screen is solid colored bars running vertical. They did go out for a 15 minutes, but then returned in a different group of colors. Any help would be greatly appreciated. This TV is probably 7-8 years old and was expensive at the time. It does not have HDMI outs, so this might help date it. They started adding them shortly after I bought the TV.
                                      Trying to fix my: LG Model no. RU42PZ61

Comment

Anybody have a common list of caps or other parts that they've needed to fix tvs. I get about 2 a week and most of the time I have the ones I need like 10v3300uf is a common one or 10v1000uf. Every once in a while I'll get a 2700uf or an 830uf. I'm about to place an order with Mouser and I want to order and have in stock whatever I may need on normal tvs. ANyone have a list of common caps so I can order them all at once?

Thanks.

Todd

Comment

Re: LG Plasma left half of screen is solid color vertical lines

Originally posted by Merbesfield View Post
                                          First post here, unfortunately that means I am having Plasma problems.

I have an older LG 43" Plasma. Sorry don't have the number in front of me. Problem occurred today, left half of screen is solid colored bars running vertical. They did go out for a 15 minutes, but then returned in a different group of colors. Any help would be greatly appreciated. This TV is probably 7-8 years old and was expensive at the time. It does not have HDMI outs, so this might help date it. They started adding them shortly after I bought the TV.
                                          Here is some more info. Please someone help me find a solution to my problem. I really don't want to have to but a new TV at this time. Here is a pic of the screen showing the lines on left side. The model no. is RU42PZ61 and it was mftred in 2004. Is that what I should expect out of a Plasma? Thanks again.

Edit, the pic only shows the strips, but the right side works 100%, the ghosting seen in the pic is just the typical plasma leftover images.
                                          Attached Files
                                          Last edited by Merbesfield; 10-14-2013, 07:16 AM. Reason: Pics and more clarity.
                                          Trying to fix my: LG Model no. RU42PZ61

Comment

Working...
                                          X