This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: A guide to fixing/troubleshooting some common plasma TV problems

Lg n samsung seem the worst and have nothing but problems a quicj search on here will show samsung is one of the worst

Comment

Hi

I've opened up the back and found some capacitors that look u/s.

I've started a new thread as I've uploaded some pics.........

I'm thinking positive!

Here is the link https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...759#post390759

Fritz

Comment

Hi all,

I have a new plasma, a Samsung PS64F8500, and it has an annoying problem and I'm at my wits end trying to figure out what to do about it, so I'm asking here.

Firstly, the unit is factory refurbished. The first unit I received had exactly the same problem, so I returned it, and the replacement has the same issue (although much less severe). The problem is this:

In darker scenes, the top half of the screen is ghosted onto the bottom half, in a flickering manner, adding to what is already there. On the first panel this happened fairly consistently, however on the 2nd it happens only after the TV has been driven pretty hard for a while (ie, after watching a 3D movie, or when used at full brightness for a long period). Note that it does NOT happen in 3D mode at all, only when switching back to normal 2D TV, and only when the screen is fairly low intensity. I've put an example on YouTube, the quality is pretty terrible but you can see the doubled image at the bottom of the screen. The problem occurs regardless of input, and in fact occurs even when all inputs are disconnected and it is just displaying menus.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IK1STmQQOow

The fact that it only occurs after a bit of use (at least for this panel) seems to indicate it's a heat issue with one of the boards, but it's strange that it's exactly the same problem with both sets. Any suggestions to fix this thing, or should I return it again and ask for another replacement? The retailer is extremely difficult to deal with, so I really don't relish the though of going through the whole replacement saga again. The retailer claimed that the panel had no issues at all when it was returned, even though the first panel was truly horrible.

Thanks for any help you can provide!

Comment

That is probably caused by a loose cable between the main board and control board.
          Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
          For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Originally posted by tom66 View Post
            That is probably caused by a loose cable between the main board and control board.
            Was this in reply to my problem? If so, any idea why it would only happen when the panel gets hot, only in low intensity scenes, or why I've had the exact same issue with two panels in a row? It would seem strange to me that two panels both have the same loose cable, causing the same problem.

Thanks!

Comment

Loose cables can thermally expand, causing faults like this. Either way, it is not your problem to fix. You will have to send it back, it is a 2013 TV, this is ridiculous.
              Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
              For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

hi tom ... I have plasma PDP42V61001 WITH IMAGE QUALITY PROBLEM SEE attachmemts ... soryy for my English ... thanks

respect .
                Attached Files

Comment

Z-sustain bad plus a cold joint on the X driver connector for part of panel which is black.

Comment

can repair z-sustain or be changed the ipm ? thanks

Comment

IPM replacement would probably fix the Z-sustain.

Comment

Originally posted by tom66 View Post
                        Loose cables can thermally expand, causing faults like this. Either way, it is not your problem to fix. You will have to send it back, it is a 2013 TV, this is ridiculous.
                        Thanks, I've asked for it to be repaired/replaced. One other thing - the back of the TV is stupidly HOT in the top right corner (looking from back). I'd say in the vicinity of 80C, hot enough to burn if touched for more than a second. I know plasmas run a little warm, but this seems quite excessive. The rest of the TV seems normal, a little warm in places but not hot. The front is also a bit warm, radiates a little heat, but nothing too unexpected for such a large TV.

Comment

I have a Visio P50HDTV with this on the screen.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Looks like a bad Y-buffer. Common issue with these is shorted FETs.

Comment

thanks for your help.

Comment

Hi guys.First of all i apologize for my english ,but i will try to explain my self to be understood.I have a plasma Panasonic TH42PX80E and the power supply is broken.I give it to someone to repair it and his make,s test on my supply also missing some parts. Now i try to restore it,because i find one identical power supply and the tv is working.The power supply is LSJB1260 -1 ,the pieces are D416 (1SR153) i wanna replace it with 1n4148 if is ok, and D411 (ST02D-170) with this i have a problem because is not available in my country ,unless i order for 2014.The D411 is a 2 component piece one zener +one fast diode. So what do you think that i have to buy separately to build this overvoltage diode? If you wanna see the datasheet for St02d-170 you will find them in pdf in SHINDENGEN site which build ,it.Thanks all.

Comment

You cannot replace 1SR153 with a 1N4148. Attempting to do so will likely result in flames, fire, damage, etc.

Comment

Thanks for the answer Mrs,Tom.So what i have to use ? Not only for 1SR153 but also for building the st02d-170?

Comment

This is an excellent thread, lots of good information. I looked through the beginning portion to see if I could find the same issue I'm having with a 50" Phillips plasma I acquired, but it doesn't appear so. I'm in the process of posting a new thread related to that now.

EDIT: Link: https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=33333
                                      Last edited by MP81; 11-27-2013, 10:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bryanX View Post
                                        Thanks for the answer Mrs,Tom.So what i have to use ? Not only for 1SR153 but also for building the st02d-170?
                                        You really should use the original parts. Do you not have Farnell or Mouser available? It's not worth saving a few bucks (euros) if you cause further damage.

Comment

i have a pioneer pdp-6070pu and im trying to figure out if i can switch out my AXY1171 psu for a AXY1152? they look exactly the same and all the number look the same. Any help? thanks
                                          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                          X