X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: A guide to fixing/troubleshooting some common plasma TV problems

Originally posted by CLANKIRKPATRICK View Post
    Hi Tom,
    I have a Samsung PN42A400c2d that was working fine and then one day I turned it on and the blue power indicator light blinks a few times and the stays lit with no picture whatsoever. I have gotten some conflicting advice on whether its a power board issue or a Y-main issue. Help!
    You should start your own thread.
    LG Plasma Mal-Discharge Correction Service

Comment

Hi Tom

I figure you may say start a new thread but this might only require a quick answer. I have a Panasonic VT50 3D plasma. It's just over 3 years old but has a 5 year extended warranty. Recently it has developed a fault on the upper left corner of the screen. There is a distinct rectangle of short vertical stripes which goes out horizontally approx 3 inches from the frame and extends vertically to halfway down. Is this something you are familiar with?
      Cheers.

Comment

I bought this tv LG 60pz750 in november 2011, it has an awesome picture but few days ago we notice a type of flickering burn image.
        I attach a picture so you can see it. Also, i have video in you tube too
        Code:
        http://youtu.be/ZZKig9N0bZo
        Please if someone can help me

Thank you
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by ElctroNYC View Post
          I bought this tv LG 60pz750 in november 2011, it has an awesome picture but few days ago we notice a type of flickering burn image.
          I attach a picture so you can see it. Also, i have video in you tube too
          Code:
          http://youtu.be/ZZKig9N0bZo
          Please if someone can help me

Thank you
          To get help from the experts here,you need to start your own thread.....put make /model in description line,then I'm sure they will be glad to help you
          Proud owner of dozens of broken TV's and many,many,many boards.

Our website and passion:http://hollenhundshepherds.com/

Comment

It looks to me like low Vs or Ve voltage. Easily fixed. Start your own thread.
            Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
            For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Having trouble with Samsung f8500 plasma not able to save picture settings have chosen home use in setup and is showing home mode in menu but after turning the tv off then back on its gone back to default settings been trying to correct it for weeks any ideas anyone would it be something failing inside the set.

Comment

Sounds like it's unable to save settings - could be EEPROM. On TV this new, not your problem to fix it. Get Samsung to fix it.
                Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

hi tom..i hope you can help me..i had a 7 blinks on my Panasonic Plasma TX-P42X20E...i searched the net and found out that the problem most likely is in the SN board...i ordered it ,and succesfuly replaced it. The plasma fired up,the picture was on but the colours were all mixed up...like red and green...i hope you could help me somehow! thank you

Comment

Originally posted by MeanBoss View Post
                    hi tom..i hope you can help me..i had a 7 blinks on my Panasonic Plasma TX-P42X20E...i searched the net and found out that the problem most likely is in the SN board...i ordered it ,and succesfuly replaced it. The plasma fired up,the picture was on but the colours were all mixed up...like red and green...i hope you could help me somehow! thank you
                    Can you show a picture?
                    Does the distortion also affect the menus?
                    Did you match the board suffix too? (May not be important for SN board.) Board suffix printed near TNPA.....

Comment

Here are the pictures...the menu is affected as soon as i open the settings,first menu where i choose some options like picture,sound,security isnt affected !

btw. Original part has this mark on him TNPA5066AB,but i wasn able to find it,i found one seller that had TNPA5066AC,and that part has been marked as substitute part for my original!
                      Attached Files

Comment

It may be that the VAD or VSCN voltage is not correctly set.
                        Vad is typically -100V to -190V. Vscn is typically +90V to +200V.

Comment

how can i set that up?

Comment

Ah, panasonic 7 blinks of death... Great to have found this forum. I will be sure to start a new thread when I need some advice. I hope this works as the one post I need to make in order to start a thread...

Comment

Originally posted by MeanBoss View Post
                              how can i set that up?
                              First, you need to get a digital multimeter and measure the Vad and Vscn test points on the SN board, they are labelled typically TPVAD and TPVSCN.

Comment

ok,ill mesure..thanks for your help!

Comment

Originally posted by tom66 View Post
                                  Sounds like it's unable to save settings - could be EEPROM. On TV this new, not your problem to fix it. Get Samsung to fix it.
                                  Thanks for your reply, have a Samsung tech booked for next week so l'll see what he come's up with.

Comment

Originally posted by tom66 View Post
                                    First, you need to get a digital multimeter and measure the Vad and Vscn test points on the SN board, they are labelled typically TPVAD and TPVSCN.
                                    tpvsn shows me 0.08V.....and tpvad 0.188V....if i correctly checked it !?!

Comment

How did you check those?

Comment

with a multimeter on picture...it was set as on picture...on positions that are in the pictures!? is that right ?

btw. i fixed that line on top...
                                        Attached Files

Comment

Range should be 1000V/750V. Set to DC mode. (AC is squiggle, DC is one broken bar and one solid bar.)
                                          Red probe on TPVAD/TPVSCN black probe on the metal chassis of the TV.

Comment

Working...
                                          X