This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: A guide to fixing/troubleshooting some common plasma TV problems

Hey, I got a 42MF231D/37 and the Y Sustain Board has, at least, a bunch of burnt resistors and the Lower Y Buffer has a bad IC chip, too. Does anyone know what components usually go bad on the Y Sustain Boards on these models and how to test them?

Comment

Originally posted by tom66 View Post
      Range should be 1000V/750V. Set to DC mode. (AC is squiggle, DC is one broken bar and one solid bar.)
      Red probe on TPVAD/TPVSCN black probe on the metal chassis of the TV.

TPVSCN reads 42V on both sides...TPVAD on on connection 187V..on other where the cap is reads 0V on bottom..and on top of the cap reads 187V! is that ok now ?

picture is here...
      Attached Files

Comment

Is your VAD positive or negative? If your Vscn measures like that, I think there is a problem with the SN board you have.
        Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
        For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

this is what i get ....

im sry...the pictures are upside down :S ...but you can see that i get all negative measures !
          Attached Files
          Last edited by MeanBoss; 09-26-2013, 12:58 PM.

Comment

Hello everyone my name is Chris I'm new to the community and would like to request some help. I was wondering if you could help me with fixing my TVs. I have two TV's that I have acquired. One is a Samsung HPS4253 that is having a guess you would call it a Blue Sparkle problem. When you first turn the TV on and there's no component currently on and it's the blue screen there's static in the corners of the TV. After a while of use I start to get this blue sparkle (maybe blue snow) effect. In the corners of the TV. If I turn the TV off and turn it back on the Blue Sparkle is gone. It seems to only happen when the TV has heated up for awhile and has been used for awhile. The time period of use where this Blue Sparkle happens does vary. I was wondering if you could help me finding a solution. The other TV I have is a RCA 42PA30RQ which will not turn on. When you turn it on the blue Light comes on in the front and you hear a clicking three times. I've taken the back cover off and have disconnected the Y-Main and Z-Main to see if the clicking would stop. When I disconnect the two boards, instead of it clicking three times the clicking goes down to one. I really would like your help in trying to find the problems to this TV to get them in working order.

Comment

Chris, both your problems should be put in separate threads.
              Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
              For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Originally posted by MeanBoss View Post
                this is what i get ....

im sry...the pictures are upside down :S ...but you can see that i get all negative measures !
                It looks like either your SN is defective or the AC is not an acceptable sub for AB.

Comment

I'm sorry for putting two questions into one post. Forgive me I'm new to the community. I would really like help with the Samsung HPS4253 that is having a guess you would call it a Blue Sparkle problem. When you first turn the TV on and there's no component currently on and it’s the blue screen there's static in the corners of the TV. Then when I turn on a source the picture is fine. After a while of use I start to get this blue sparkle (maybe blue snow) effect. In the corners of the TV. If I turn the TV off and turn it back on the Blue Sparkle is gone. It seems to only happen when the TV has heated up for awhile and has been used for awhile. The time period of use where this Blue Sparkle happens does vary.

Comment

Again, this question MUST be in a separate thread as someone else is being helped in this thread. Create a new thread in troubleshooting TVs & video sources.

Comment

tom,i got this answer from a technician where i bought the SN board

there is a adjustment called a VS adjustment it would be on the power board . Most of the time they write it on a tag on the inside of the panel on a tag or something like 187volts. if you dont have a meter and stuff , you find this adjustment and adjust it with a small screw driver till the distortion clears. WARNING the power supply is on, so do shock yourself.

now i have three screws on my power board,could you pls tell me which one should i try to adjust...all three are plastic..one has vsus marked near him,other vda,and one pfc ! i guess i should adjust vsus,right ? btw. he is the only one that is glued by some kind of sillicone!

thx for all your advices...and patience with me !

Comment

Vsus, yes.
                        Do NOT adjust Vda under ANY circumstances - over-voltage is instant death to your plasma panel!
                        These panels may or may not have Vsus written on the tag.
                        I highly doubt Vsus is causing your issue, especially if the panel was working before your original SN died.

Comment

you were right...i tried to adjust the vsus...but i only get a brighter or darker picture,the colors stay the same and the picture is still grainy !:/

ill just try to get this part RMA...and i hope ill get another one! i tied everything...nothing worked!

Comment

Try to fit an AB part instead of AC, too. I'm not 100% it is a proper substitute.

Comment

ill try..but the main problem is ...that there arent many TX-p42x20e models and substitute parts for taht model of tv...it seems it that that model was sold in Europe much more than in USA,and other countries!

Comment

E=Europe, U=USA/Canada
                                Not sure how you got that in US?.

Comment

im not from US...im from Croatia,Europe!

Comment

Uh. Ignore me, I misread your post.

Comment

never mind.its all ok,i tought that my bad english will expose me !:P

im looking for TNPA5066AB all over net...but i just cant find it ! all out of stock ;\

Comment

Consider using the board from the British version TX-P42X20B, as British standard usually very similar to EU standard. Not sure what variant it will be.

Comment

very well thread im interest to learn repair lcd tv that become popular in this decade.. but didn't know who wanna teach me.. this is a very very good explanation. someone wanna teach me willingly? hahaha..maybe i have to migrate to the europe or USA to learn from you everyone..
                                          "There is no shortcut to be successful. No pain, no gain."

Best Regards
                                          Rudi
                                          Thank You

Comment

Working...
                                          X