LG 37LC2D No picture, believe bad power supply

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LG 37LC2D No picture, believe bad power supply

From the look at the bottom side of the board, I can see 3.4V Buck regulator section, it has two MOSFETS and 1 IC.
    Can you give us the numbers on those parts then we can look at the spec sheet to see how they are wired up?
    Attached Files
    Never stop learning
    Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
    http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

Originally posted by jamesharris View Post
      Would someone be able to post the cap values at the board locations? I need to double check I've put mine back in the correct spots. I'm missing the 6 volt rail and want to eliminate a wrong cap b4 I proceed any further. I have a service manual for this model but it must be a different chassis. The caps are not the same for the board locations.
      Do you still need this info? I might be able to post the values, I should still have the notes from when I was working on a 32LC2D power board, which may be the same as yours.

This was my thread: https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=21321 . I posted the numbers on the board, so have a look and see if they are the same as yours.

Comment

Originally posted by budm View Post
        Is this the same? There are A, B, C, D.
        http://www.shopjimmy.com/lg-67099000...wer-supply.htm
        I did not look through this long thread to find out exactly what you have.
        A-D is the revision number of the board. my original one was a D and I bought an E. The D version had Samxon caps but my board did not have any bulging caps at all, and replacing them didn't fix my 3.4v problem.

So you should get the highest revision they have as it would be the newest. The older stock (eg A and B, and maybe even C) would still have those bad caps on them!

Btw I bought my "brand new" board from an authorized LG spares outlet. I got it for trade price.....

edit: googled for LG 6709900016E and the first hit says in stock:

http://retech.myshopify.com/products...e-power-supply

edit 2: this one says $56 but unknown stock level:

http://www.buyqual.com/68709d0006b-l...er-supply.html
        Last edited by jh20; 01-09-2013, 03:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tmcw View Post
          Do you still need this info?
          No, I replaced the board. All cap values were correct so I'll have to die wondering why the 6v rail was missing. Thx anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by jh20 View Post
            edit: from memory it cost me less than australian $60, + shipping on top of that.
            I couldn't get better than $71 from Statewide. Two others in Sydney quoted the same. Can you tell me where you bought it from?

Comment

Originally posted by jamesharris View Post
              I couldn't get better than $71 from Statewide. Two others in Sydney quoted the same. Can you tell me where you bought it from?
              Wayne's Wholesale Spares, Chipping Norton, NSW. I did ask for trade price as I run an office equipment repair business....

part cost $58 + gst = $63.80
              freight $15 inc gst

total $78.80

So I was wrong in saying it's less than $60

edit: This was in August 2012.
              Last edited by jh20; 01-09-2013, 11:36 PM.

Comment

Cheers, I tried them first but they wanted $107. Statewide (SA), Wes,(Ashfield, Syd), Star components (Castle Hill, Syd)all $71.

Comment

I hope someone can give me some input on this problem.I have a 37" lg lcd tv manu date 03/2010 mod#37lh20-ua it only has about 4 or 5 months use and was given to me after the owner was watching it it just blacked out as if you had pulled the pwr plug-no stand by lights or audio just dead.I don't have the money for a new tv or to pay to have this fixed so I figured I'd see if I could fix it myself as my friend said keep it if you can fix it.I took the back off and checked it out.I'm not an electronic guru and have minimal electronic knowledge but it's worth a shot and I understand this forum has a good bunch of guys that might be able to help me.What I found was this:The main pwr switch is good and there was power to the main board.but I found a 250v/3a fuse blown it's the one right behind the 2 plugs-one from the pwr cord block and the other looks as if it is from the remote sensor assy.I bought a new pigtail fuse and soldered it in and plugged in the power cord and as soon as I pushed the pwr rocker switch on it blew the new fuse.Anyone who may have some helpful knowledge on this I welcome your input.Thank you in advance,Dan/poolshark.
                  Last edited by Poolshark; 01-31-2013, 06:10 PM. Reason: was not finished info before it posted.

Comment

I hope someone can give me some input on this problem.I have a 37" lg lcd tv manu date 03/2010 mod#37lh20-ua it only has about 4 or 5 months use and was given to me after the owner was watching it it just blacked out as if you had pulled the pwr plug-no stand by lights or audio just dead.I don't have the money for a new tv or to pay to have this fixed so I figured I'd see if I could fix it myself as my friend said keep it if you can fix it.I took the back off and checked it out.I'm not an electronic guru and have minimal electronic knowledge but it's worth a shot and I understand this forum has a good bunch of guys that might be able to help me.What I found was this:The main pwr switch is good and there was power to the main board.but I found a 250v/3a fuse blown it's the one right behind the 2 plugs-one from the pwr cord block and the other looks as if it is from the remote sensor assy.I

Comment

You're posting in this thread about a different TV. If you need more help, I suggest you "bump" your original thread.
                      Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                      For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

I just wanted to say thank you to the people on this thread for the comments. They were very informative and helped with my tv. I have the same tv (LG 37LC2D) that started having similar problems. I took it in to get fixed one time and that worked for a while, but the problems came back. It was taking a long time to turn on. One of the startup capacitors was making a high pitched noise also. I took the capacitors off and tested them. They all tested ok, but a little low. I ended up replacing 15 capacitors.

1000 uF 35V 2
                        1000 uF 25V 5
                        3300 uF 10V 2
                        680 uF 10V 1
                        470 uF 10V 2

Startup Caps near the middle of the board

47 uF 35V 1
                        4.7 uF 50V 1
                        33 uF 50V 1

I replaced them (old Samxon capacitors) with Nichicon capacitors. They were not all the same physical size as the capacitors they replaced, but they fit.

So far the tv works just like it used to. Thank you.

Comment

I have the LG 32LC2D and was having the same problem. I first replaced the one bulging cap I found. I plugged it back in and it worked normally for about two days. Then all of a sudden, we started having the same problem. Light flashing 10-12 times no pictures. So, I replaced all the caps on the power board as instructed. I turned it on and disco, it works! I had it on for 30 mins or so, shut it off and when I went to turn it on again... Back to the same problem. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Comment

Did you replace every cap on the power supply and with exact values (voltage and capacitance) as what you took out? What are the exact brand and part numbers that you used?

Comment

Originally I posted this before finding this thread:

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=26227

Summary: a very loud hiss/crackle sound when the display comes on (right after standby) for a few seconds then goes away and TV works as normal (sometimes sound loss unless I power cycle the TV again).

A year or two ago, the TV controls also stopped working intermittently for a short period of time (or they were messed up e.g. channel up would power the TV on/off) and and at times it would also power on by itself. Only the hiss/crackle exists now.

Got a chance to open it up today and here's what I found. You can see the top right 4 yellow caps bulging with a bit of leakage.

I don't see any visible bulging for the bottom set of caps but maybe I should replace those anyway.

Hopefully this is the source of my problem and a simple replacement will do. Are all 12 capacitors considered to be problematic?
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by MacrossFX; 04-26-2013, 02:57 PM.

Comment

if you look at some of the photos posted by others, you'll find that some of those caps at the bottom roll does go bad. you can buy a repair kit for about us$15, just google for lg 37lc2d repair kit. the kit doesn't contain all the caps on the psu board but only those that normally would go bad.

edit: to be safe you probably should replace "all" the caps.
                                Last edited by jh20; 04-26-2013, 04:33 PM.

Comment

Hi everyone,
                                  Yet another 37LC2D issue. It's a one owner and stopped working a few days ago. I thought about parting it out, but after getting a new Toshiba LED unit at Best Buy I am not satisfied with the colors at a slight viewing angle and would like to get my old reliable LG working again.

Sure hope someone can help me locate the issue ......

TV is a model 37LC2D - UD
                                  Power board is a - LGLP 2837 HEP

Measured the V on all the connectors while powered up, all the 6V outputs are 0. I ordered the common 14 piece capacitor repair kit and replaced them, still no 6V and no power up.

Here are some pictures and V outputs, anyone have a diagram for this unit that can tell me what the probable issue is for missing all the 6V outputs????? I don't mind replacing more parts, just need to pinpoint possible suspects that I can obtain smartly instead of replacing everything.

Thanks for any assistance

P201
                                  3.4 - 3.3
                                  DIM - 5.3
                                  ST5V - 5.1
                                  BRI - .2
                                  EMR - 5.1
                                  IC - 0
                                  ST5V - 5.2
                                  ON - 4.4
                                  ACD - 5.2

P202
                                  12 - 11.3
                                  3.4 - 3.5
                                  6V - 0
                                  19 - 18.9
                                  19 - 18.9

P203
                                  12V - 11.3
                                  12V - 11.3
                                  6V - 0
                                  6V - 0
                                  3.4 - 3.5
                                  3.4 - 3.5

P204
                                  IC - 0
                                  BRI - 0
                                  All 24V slots - 25.2

P205
                                  IC - 0
                                  BRI - 0
                                  All 24V slots - 25.1
                                  Attached Files
                                  Last edited by millennia; 05-04-2013, 07:55 PM.

Comment

Picture of the bottom of the board may show burnt 6V DC-DC converter.
                                    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                                    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Originally posted by tom66 View Post
                                      Picture of the bottom of the board may show burnt 6V DC-DC converter.
                                      Here are pictures of the bottom PS board, all of the components look pretty good here. I downloaded the UD version power supply diagram but having a hard time deciphering it. Any additional help would be appreciated.
                                      Attached Files

Comment

Can you link us to a diagram? I have never been able to find one for these power supplies!

Comment

Originally posted by tom66 View Post
                                          Can you link us to a diagram? I have never been able to find one for these power supplies!
                                          My reference is "LG_37LC2D_LCD_TV_Service_Manual.pdf" from a link you posted awhile ago that points to "tgohome.com" I have found other LG37LC2D manuals but none with the UD suffix. Yours is the closest, but even with it there are some components that do not cross from diagram to board. I feel quite lost

Comment

Working...
                                          X