• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LG 37LC2D No picture, believe bad power supply

Anyone can help please

Comment

I do not know then what the problem is, but I can suggest a work-around. That is to use one of these modules:
      http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LM2596-DC-...item1e79c56663

You can rig it up to output 3.4V from e.g. the 12V or 24V rail.
      Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
      For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

ok thanks... but I still have to fix that lines problem.. so I will assembly whole tv and check LVDS signals on T-con.§
        If I have sound ok but on screen half black and half lines its not related to low 3,4V rail even when i boost it with external power supply to 3,4V ok. So?

Comment

The 3.4V may power some video processing on your model, so maybe it could cause the lines on the screen, you really cannot know until you get the outputs from the power supply stable.
          Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
          For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

So the injected external 3,4V it doesnt to be 100% ok? It looks stable and ok real 3,4V I tested with multimeter for proove.

Comment

Oh, I didn't realise you did that, it's been a long time. That would seem to indicate LCD/t-con fault.

Comment

finaly have got screen working ok looks like there was some humidity that cause problem on screen (friend bring it to me in rainy day only TV in towel)

ok.. so I have picture and sound working ok, but the first problem is still there, HDMI, RGB (VGA) inputs are not working.. TV show no signal only.

scart and analog, and TV antenne works ok picture and sound....

With 3,4V injected and working ok no change still HDMI and RGB no signal.

Comment

Can you supply a picture of your main board?

Comment

http://flattvparts.co.uk/bmz_cache/d...ge.530x520.jpg

bigger http://flattvparts.co.uk/bmz_cache/4...e.1000x982.jpg

i will do better later
                    Last edited by godzzila; 05-25-2013, 05:51 AM.

Comment

There are voltage regulators on there, have you tested any?

Comment

yes tested all are ok

Comment

Including the 5 pin ones?

Comment

didnt test that ones yet.. which should i test first.. i think that I need search for datasheet on each for verifie?

Comment

Yes, just read the numbers off and search for them, or post them here and we will look for datasheet.

Comment

all 5 pin regulators and stabilizators work ok checked good acording to datasheets

Comment

All works ok except RGB and HDMI... TV says NO SIGNAL on these inputs.
                                  RGB go to VCT-IP directly and HDMI go to AD9381 and then to VCT-IP.
                                  VCT-IP is a main one with small heatsink...

So how can I check VCT-IP if its bad?
                                  Attached Files

Comment

VCT-IP looks to drive the LCD panel; it is unlikely that it is bad on two inputs but nothing else, since it is still driving the LCD properly.

Comment

Yes its main video chip as well as drive audio too. So what could be bad? No RGB and no HDMI.

Comment

I am still wondering if there is some software or EEPROM problem. I am sorry but I can't offer much advice on how to narrow it down further.

Comment

Problem was that TV was freezing on RGB input after some time... so it was working but freezing I think that because low 3,4V rail.. so the friend bring it to me but I had a problem with screen lines and no picture (because moisture)... and now TV not work on RGB or HDMI... -> NO SIGNAL

So may be ICs (or something else WHAT?) become damaged because low 3,4V rail?... If I inject 3,4V and got it stable nothing changed still no signal.

Comment

Working...
                                          X