LG 37LC2D No picture, believe bad power supply

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LG 37LC2D No picture, believe bad power supply

In which case, it would be a good idea to look at the t-con board next. Can we get a picture of that? The fault is most likely on the t-con or main board.
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

I think that if fault will be on T-con TV should work ok like sound, channel choosing, scart input etc??

Comment

Yes, normally.
        Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
        For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Ok so what could be bad on motherboard.. I already checked all voltage regulators and do to numbers on it there is all voltage outputs ok.

Comment

The processor could be bad, or there could be a bad capacitor causing too much ripple in a certain area. Have you ever managed to get TV to work, perhaps intermittently, or did it fail suddenly?

Comment

my friend bring it to me... tv was freezing and sometimes suddenly go blackscreen etc.. he said that he replaced that 16V 1000uF cap (as was said here) that was bulging and then he said that TV was working fain... he let it play around 2 houres and then he said that was blackscreen again....
              so he bring it to me I plug it power up and it show only that lines as i take photo... nothing else since that... so I found that +3,4V is low around +2,4V so I though that is the problem.... so I ordered new controller for that two mosfets...
              But I want to try it before replacement will come so I injected +3,4V externally and nothing changed still only lines.. freezed and no sound

Comment

Try using a hairdryer or other focused heat source on the main board. If you find something that works when heated, there is probably a problem there.

Comment

heh yeah I tried that... even heat whole board on my BGA machine nothing changed

Comment

Perhaps freeze spray then?

Comment

I tried power up TV firstly in my cool room.. around 12°C and nothing changed... Still half screen black, half screen colored vertical lines.

Comment

You may be looking at T-con or panel fault then; perhaps the input selector doesn't work as you expect or the sound is muted. I've had that happen to me before.

Comment

so how can I test if t-con has good signals from motherboard

Comment

You would need an oscilloscope to do that.

Comment

yes I have it

Comment

Can I see a closer up shot around the connector which goes from the main board to the T-con - the LVDS cable.

Comment

here it is
                                  Attached Files

Comment

I was hoping to be able to see the differential pairs but it looks like they are not easily visible on the main board. Can we get a picture of the T-con then?

Comment

I have got some news.. after little play with remote control that friend bring me today i have sound working from external scart dvd player. So the problem really will be display or T-con isnt it?

Still have color lines on half display but sound works ok.

Comment

Most likely. It is rare for a main board to fail to output video but give audio, it can happen but it is rare.

Comment

So today I received controllers for 3,4V.. I replaced and NO CHANGE!!! Rail is still low 2,7V!! So thats not a problem with controller of that two mosfets!!

And another problem that lines I still have...

Comment

Working...
                                          X