Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HELP! Vizio VX42LHDTV10A blown resistor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Vizio VX42LHDTV10A blown resistor?

Got a free vizio VX42LHDTV10A today and it needs repair. I cannot find the value of a blown resistor on the power supply board (R821). If anyone can help me out, I'd greatly appreciate it!

Re: HELP! Vizio VX42LHDTV10A blown resistor?

wow you are lucky..

i bought a inverter board and power supply off of ebay from this same set, the inverter board is also used in some jvc models... so this supply is sitting here.. let me go grab it and check for you..

Comment

ok for the life of me i cant find r821..

post some pics of the power supply in general then a good one or two of where this resistor is at..

Comment

This is where Keas needs to post a picture showing which resistor is burned on his board therefore helping others to be able to help him. Without pictures, you'll just go in circles. This may not be the same board in the same model TV as well giving you the wrong information about the component - not most likely though, but possible.
        The strong-minded rise to the challenge of their goals,the weak-minded BECOME HATERS

Comment

Thanks, I didn't expect responses that fast. I also noticed a burned up transistor on the back of the board...I think it might be better to just get a whole new power supply...Thoughts? #'s on board... 0500-0507-0330 DPS-283AP A Rev:S2. Thank you.
          Attached Files

Comment

I have a DPS-283BP A Rev: S1. A picture of R821 on that power supply is attached. Take that with a grain of salt though.
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by keasbycowboy View Post
              Thanks, I didn't expect responses that fast. I also noticed a burned up transistor on the back of the board...I think it might be better to just get a whole new power supply...Thoughts? #'s on board... 0500-0507-0330 DPS-283AP A Rev:S2. Thank you.
              It would be nice if the resistor you put in does not burn up too. Perhaps it burned because there was too much current through the resistor? Perhaps a shorted component downstream?

Comment

Well, I'd normally suggest repairing this board but if you can't find the exact parts, it may just be worth your time to buy a replacement board. I saw three on ebay just now. The cheapest one was in Los Angeles CA $69. I simply searched with : 0500-0507-0330
                The strong-minded rise to the challenge of their goals,the weak-minded BECOME HATERS

Comment

if mine is correct i could make you a better deal, but it will be as is. Looks perfect. i bought both the supply and inverter board off of ebay and i was only after the inverter. Supposedly both were tested working but i have not personally seen this work.

$50 shipped priority mail anywhere in the continental united states and it yours. I can get numbers off of it and let you make the decision as to wether it will fit or not.

Comment

Working...
                  X