Phillips 50" Plasma - 50PF7321D/37

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Phillips 50" Plasma - 50PF7321D/37

Hi every, sorry for not posting anything the past few weeks, was in the hospital with something that has been going around here in south texas, sadly now i'm still having to test the voltage and keep my job lol... anyways I hope to have the voltage on the ssb to you'll in the next few days, also if you've seen me logged in, its because my wife uses this pc as well sometimes and I use firefox and I asked her to save all of the windows on the browser after she is done.

Jason

Comment

Originally posted by PlainBill View Post
      This is a known problem, and repairing the SSB requires replacing three ICs; total cost under $10, the parts are available from Digikey. Check the parts list in the service manual, do not order the parts listed in the schematic. The parts list lists upgraded parts.

PlainBill
      Can you elaborate further on this?
      Part numbers, locations, photos?

Thank you in advance.
      Learner

Comment

Originally posted by f67bird View Post

Thank you in advance.
        I'll have to get back to you on this. I'm trying to identify the service manual I used to solve the problem.

PlainBill
        For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

Originally posted by f67bird View Post

Thank you in advance.
          This thread has the details, the parts are listed in post 12. The full explanation is later.

The TV in question used the BJ2-4U PA / BJ2-5U PA chassis. The service manual is available here.

The diagnosis is discussed in section 5.8.6 beginning on page EN 37; see note 1 at the top of the second column on page EN 38.

The circuit is in the upper left corner of the schematic on page 52.

Layout of the board is on pages 95 and 98

The parts are on top of page 164 of the parts list. Note that 7U01 and 7U03 do not match the schematic; the parts list specifies upgraded parts.

All parts were available from DigiKey.

PlainBill
          Last edited by PlainBill; 03-23-2011, 10:51 AM.
          For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

Thank you.
            Another fix to put in the old memory bank!
            Learner

Comment

Hi Plainbill, finally got some time to test the ssb voltage with the tv turned on, i got 12.39v then when it starts to flash it goes to the 0.03 (like before, i'd figured that is because it shut down to protect the components) my question is the ssb this one or this one. I'm guess its the second one but not 100% sure

Comment

Originally posted by WinRyder View Post
                Hi Plainbill, finally got some time to test the ssb voltage with the tv turned on, i got 12.39v then when it starts to flash it goes to the 0.03 (like before, i'd figured that is because it shut down to protect the components) my question is the ssb this one or this one. I'm guess its the second one but not 100% sure
                The SSB is the second one. The first sale is for a main logic board (which serves a similar function to the tcon board on LCD panels).

PlainBill

Comment

so since the psu is reading right on voltage then it has to be the ssb? also meaning i repaired the psu correctly? lol

Comment

Originally posted by WinRyder View Post
                    so since the psu is reading right on voltage then it has to be the ssb? also meaning i repaired the psu correctly? lol
                    I don't know, but probably. If all outputs of the power supply are correct, but you get a blink code indicating the 3.3 or 2.5 supply is bad, yeah, that's a SSB failure. I fixed the one I had for under $10 in parts, but unless you have some experience with SMT devices, the price on that eBay auction was mighty attractive.

PlainBill

Comment

I have experience with SMT repairs, but at the moment i don't have the space to do that kind of work, so i will order the ssb and see how that goes, if not i will repost the ssb

Comment

Well i'm completely lost here... got the replacement ssb in, put it in and still flashing 4 - 4 -4 this is driving me crazy

Comment

Hello.... I have a broken 50PF9731D Philips 50" plasma. I don't have a remote for this set. When I press the power button on the TV, I hear only one click and only the LED8002 on the board in the center lights up. The LED8001 does not light up. I did notice that the 2 3300 uF 10V capacitors on the center board were blown. I replaced them with new low esr capacitors. But I still hear only one click when i turn on power and there is no picture and no sound. It would be great if someone can help me out. Thanks!!

Comment

Originally posted by nine3 View Post
                            Hello.... I have a broken 50PF9731D Philips 50" plasma. I don't have a remote for this set. When I press the power button on the TV, I hear only one click and only the LED8002 on the board in the center lights up. The LED8001 does not light up. I did notice that the 2 3300 uF 10V capacitors on the center board were blown. I replaced them with new low esr capacitors. But I still hear only one click when i turn on power and there is no picture and no sound. It would be great if someone can help me out. Thanks!!
                            You will find a white label on the back of the plasma panel that lists several voltages. The connectors on the power supply outputs are labeled. Check to see if all the voltages are actually present.

Pictures REALLY help.

PlainBill

Comment

You will find a white label on the back of the plasma panel that lists several voltages. The connectors on the power supply outputs are labeled. Check to see if all the voltages are actually present.

Pictures REALLY help.

PlainBill
                              Hi PlainBill. Thanks for the suggestion. I am attaching the picture of the SMPS board where I have highlighted 2 areas - I have marked the 2 3300uF capacitors which I have changed and the LED light which does not light up. I have visually inspected the rest of the capacitors and they look fine. When I connect the power, only one relay clicks, the other relay does not click. I checked the voltages on the connectors going to the X and Y driving boards. They show up as 0. The LED light on the front of the TV stays solid green, but there is no picture or sound. I also checked the fault detection flow chart in the service manual. It just says that if the relay does not click and the LED does not light up then the SMPS is bad. I dont really have any electrical background. It would be great if you can help me fix this TV.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Hi PlainBill. Thanks for the suggestion. I am attaching the picture of the SMPS board where I have highlighted 2 areas - I have marked the 2 3300uF capacitors which I have changed and the LED light which does not light up. I have visually inspected the rest of the capacitors and they look fine. When I connect the power, only one relay clicks, the other relay does not click. I checked the voltages on the connectors going to the X and Y driving boards. They show up as 0. The LED light on the front of the TV stays solid green, but there is no picture or sound. I also checked the fault detection flow chart in the service manual. It just says that if the relay does not click and the LED does not light up then the SMPS is bad. I dont really have any electrical background. It would be great if you can help me fix this TV.
                                There are several tests I want you to do. First, hook up a signal source to one of the AV inputs - DVD player, video game, anything which you will know is producing a video signal and sound. Next, turn on the power, press the volume up button several times to increase the volume, then press the input button to step through the various inputs. Do you hear sound at any point?

Next, I want an over-all picture of the back of the TV, and a second picture of only the power supply. That one I will need as close to 2000 x 2000 resolution as possible. I am particularly interested in the labels on the connectors, so it may be necessary to disconnect the output cables from the power supply, and even take several pictures.

PlainBill

Comment

There are several tests I want you to do. First, hook up a signal source to one of the AV inputs - DVD player, video game, anything which you will know is producing a video signal and sound. Next, turn on the power, press the volume up button several times to increase the volume, then press the input button to step through the various inputs. Do you hear sound at any point?

Next, I want an over-all picture of the back of the TV, and a second picture of only the power supply. That one I will need as close to 2000 x 2000 resolution as possible. I am particularly interested in the labels on the connectors, so it may be necessary to disconnect the output cables from the power supply, and even take several pictures.

PlainBill
                                  Hi PlainBill,

I followed your instructions. There was no sound or video. I took a short video clip of the problem and also some pictures. I compressed them and uploaded onto megaupload. Here's the link to download the files. http://www.megaupload.com/?d=9LST69AB . These are high resolution pics so you should be able to zoom into them and still see clearly. Do you think there would be more faulty caps on the board which can cause this problem? Thanks!!

Comment

Hi PlainBill,

I followed your instructions. There was no sound or video. I took a short video clip of the problem and also some pictures. I compressed them and uploaded onto megaupload. Here's the link to download the files. http://www.megaupload.com/?d=9LST69AB . These are high resolution pics so you should be able to zoom into them and still see clearly. Do you think there would be more faulty caps on the board which can cause this problem? Thanks!!
                                    Error message: "The file is temporarily unavailable".

PlainBill

Comment

Error message: "The file is temporarily unavailable".

PlainBill

The link seems to be working for me. I am not sure why you got the error. You may want to try again. After you click on the link, there would be a 45sec timer on the right side of the screen. Once the 45 secs are done, you should be able to click on "regular download". Let me know if it still does not work for you.

Comment

Well, that was pretty much a waste of time. More than 10 mintes to download, one popup that made it past my blocker, and the pictures didn't help.

I've marked up the picture of the power supply and circled a number of connectors. And it looks like I missed one. The labels on these connectors are obscured in some cases.

What I need is the voltage of each of those outputs. If Vs appears on several pins of one connector, or on more than 1 connector, measure it only once. Ther is no point in measuring the voltage on any pin labeled Gnd.

PlainBill
                                        Attached Files

Comment

Hey Plainbill, i've tried, a new ssb, and a new power supply... still nothing where should i go from here? I've tried old psu with new ssb, new psu with old ssb, new/new. Also to add these parts i purchase were brand new not used or anything. I hope you have some advice for me cause this is getting expensive lol

WinRyder

Comment

Working...
                                          X