Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Philips 32PFL7782D/05 LCD TV won't turn on?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Philips 32PFL7782D/05 LCD TV won't turn on?

Hi peeps.

I have a Philips 32PFL7782D/05 LCD TV that won't turn on. The LED gives one long flash followed by two short flashes. According to the manual this is error code 12 - I2C error while communicating with the MOJO PNX8314, which is obvious because the MOJO on the main board isn't receiving power to communicate with IC 7H03.

I checked the PSU for bad caps but they're all good. So I connected it all up all the boards and powered it up the TV worked fine. I switched it off turned it around, so the screen was facing me, and powered it up again and its refusing to work.

So I looked at the PSU again and realised that the 12V supply fails to rise when you turn the TV on, it will rise to 120mV and shut down again. The PSU board is supplying 5.2V to the main board and the PSU is receiving the 'On' signal from the board but the main part of the PSU won't turn on. The PSU is a Delta DPS-182BPA

Any ideas on this one?

Soundcraft CPS-450 and CPS-550 (Rebuilds - Completed!)
    Samsung PS42V6S - in repair (New Y-SUS Board Completed)
    Philips 32PFL7782D/05 - in repair (PSU or Main Board - Selling)

Re: Philips 32PFL7782D/05 LCD TV won't turn on?

I've had a second, and third, look at this set and I just don't know if the PSU or the mainboard is the problem.

The main board is sending 3.3V to the PSU ....
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Remeniz; 01-30-2011, 12:52 PM. Reason: add photos
    Soundcraft CPS-450 and CPS-550 (Rebuilds - Completed!)
    Samsung PS42V6S - in repair (New Y-SUS Board Completed)
    Philips 32PFL7782D/05 - in repair (PSU or Main Board - Selling)

Comment

Working...
    X