Vizio 42" black screen pdp42x3####

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vizio 42" black screen pdp42x3####

Hi this is Salomon I need some help with this TV Its a Vizio 42"(the sticker where is located the model was removed but this is the model of the screen inside of the TV pdp42x3####) when I turn on the TV the power light gets green but the screen is black sometime on the center of the screen display a piece of picture, color red dark I put a picture to explain better thank you.
    Attached Files

Re: Vizio 42" black screen pdp42x3####

Ordinarily we insist on good quality pictures. Something from a cell phone usually doesn't cut it. The board you have identified as 4 is the Z-sustain board. The first line on the white label should read 6871QZH056A, 6871QZH056B, 6871QZH056C, or 6871QZH956A. (Boards with these numbers are interchangeable.) Replace it and adjust the pot on PS101 as outlined in the 19532668 LG Plasma Quick Reference Alignment hand book available from Scribd.

PlainBill
    For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

thank you bill All your information you gave me was correct and I've checked the board and was a fuse blow I put a regular fuse 4a250v but it doesn't works I'm going to order the board again thanks
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by salo123 View Post
        thank you bill All your information you gave me was correct and I've checked the board and was a fuse blow I put a regular fuse 4a250v but it doesn't works I'm going to order the board again thanks
        A blown fuse confirms it. A common failure of these boards is the hybrid (under the big heat sink). A new hybrid can be had for about $40 if you are skilled at desoldering. For those of us with lesser abilities, replacement boards are available for under $80, including shipping.

PlainBill
        For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

salo, did this fix the problem for you? I am having same problem with no picture (except a small amount of picture in very dark red. However no fuze is blown on my Z board. Considering buying a new board but I want to make sure this will resolve the issue.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by normandy16 View Post
            salo, did this fix the problem for you? I am having same problem with no picture (except a small amount of picture in very dark red. However no fuze is blown on my Z board. Considering buying a new board but I want to make sure this will resolve the issue.

Thanks!
            I had the same problem on two sets, one with a blown fuse, one with fuse intact. In each case, replacing the Z-Sustain fixed the problem.

PlainBill

Comment

any time you get somewhat of a faint picture filling the whole screen, or maybe little portions of the screen almost always points to a bad Z-sustain.

Comment

If i have a blown fuse on the Y-SUS and no picture at all, with green light would that indicate the hybrid on the Y-SUS????

Comment

more then likely yes sir.. theres other things on the boards that can cause failures but its USUALLY the hybrid..

Comment

Hi all. I am new to TV repair. Ok, I know practically nothing. Can anyone recommend any books or materials so I can self teach myself LCD TV repair? I got scammed once and had to tangle with Paypal to get my money back with an Ebook that failed to deliver on what it promised.

I did manage to repair my VIZIO VW42L HDTV10A the other day by replacing the main board, after first wasting money replacing power board and inverters. I would like to learn how to trouble shoot effectively. I figured out what to replace next (i.e., the main board) from reading blogs and forums. My hunt for books has led to suspicious Amazing! books that promise things "any idiot" can do in minutes! or are so advanced, a knob like me can't understand diddly.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks folks.

Comment

Please don't hijack the existing thread. You might want to look into the ebooks by Jestine Yong. They're not overly technical and while not comprehensive, they teach you most of the basics you need to know.

A quick Google search unearthed this document: as an example.
                      Last edited by daimoku; 05-03-2011, 12:31 PM.

Comment

Vizio 42" black screen, no power, no led light PDP42X3####

I'm repairing a friend's VIZIO PDP42X3U400 plasma. When you push the power button nothing would happen. Traced problem to blown fuses F2 & F3 on main board. Those fuses supply 5v. to many voltage regulators. I need help getting datasheet or general data on these voltage regulators marked 6H4L and 6H9L, so I can test them to see which one(s) may have been responsible for blowing the fuses. Also, does anyone know where I can purchase the small SMD (1.5A) fuses for the main board? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                        X