Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Samsung UN65KS8000 wont boot, restarts, display damage 💔 Worth a shot?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

THANK YOU SIR!

Comment

Traced problem to panel board on left, with board disconnected have 3/4 of panel lit with image. Have short across smd caps. How do I proceed?
      Thanks again.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by csmith View Post
        Traced problem to panel board on left, with board disconnected have 3/4 of panel lit with image. Have short across smd caps. How do I proceed?
        Thanks again.
        The photo of this area is high quality and larger.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by lotas View Post

The photo of this area is high quality and larger.
          Can't take a photo?

Comment

How's this? Click image for larger version

Name:	Panel Board.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	1.28 MB
ID:	3272765

Comment

Measure the resistance on these pins (3x3) with a multimeter against ground, it should not be low or short.
              Attached Files

Comment

No lows or shorts on those pins, but at the caps. I think it's the panel.
                Attached Files

Comment

If they are all sitting on the same bus, then if at least one is short, then all the others will seem to be short too, try to unsolder one by one and check, start with the suspicious ones (darkened, microcrack..).

Comment

You can also use alcohol or flux to put on them and turn tv on and see which one gets hot and evaporates

Comment

Originally posted by Storyteller12 View Post
                      You can also use alcohol or flux to put on them and turn tv on and see which one gets hot and evaporates
                      This will not work, since the T-CON instantly blocks all voltage to the panel when it detects high current consumption, the protection will trip and the TV will overload...

Comment

Removed 4 more smd caps , unable to find short. Throwing in the towel on this one,but I learned a lot. Thanks lotas and Storyteller12. Appreciated your input.

Comment

Working...
                        X