Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jvc hr-d470eg

Hi everyone.
    I bought this vcr, I don´t know if you are like me, but I´ve never heard of a vcr with a side loading mechanism...
    It was working, but the only problem was that as I loaded the tape, it started playing and a second after stopped, FF an RW equal.
    I have seen some youtube videos that showed that maybe was the reel sensor, the only difference was that mine, changed the counter from 0000 to 0001 or 0002, so I was not convinced that it was the problem... Dispite that, I connected my bluetooth receiver through rca cables to input, and I only had left channel in stereo, only in mono I had both channels, so I decided to disassembly it, download the service manual, and order all electrolytic capacitors for all boards, including PSU, in the hope to have a 80´s fantastic engeneering device for mora 40 years or so...
    I took pictures of all boards and connections, but after all caps replaced, I swapped power transistor plug "CN6" to "CN5", it has the same pin count so I stupidlly wrong connected it, when I plugged it to mains, the "Fuse2" burned all of the sunned, then I connected the mains to my serial bulb short protector and replaced the fuse, but everytime i turn the mains on, the fuse blowed, until I figure out that the plugs were connected wrong.
    My question is... After connecting all right, I measure voltages in PSU and none look like in the service manual.
    I replaced again all electrolytics in th PSU, but still the same.
    I´ll attach all the service manual I have and pics and video from my device.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1oeP...usp=drive_link

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Zgj...usp=drive_link

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1437...usp=drive_link

Thank You all,

Hugo.
    Attached Files

Re: Jvc hr-d470eg

most problems i found with vcr.s are bad tapes shredding and clogging the heads .

Comment

Originally posted by petehall347 View Post
      most problems i found with vcr.s are bad tapes shredding and clogging the heads .
      You could be right, but in my case, It doesn´t power up...

Comment

Can you highlight the two "power transistor plugs' that you mixed up, with good focused pictures of the whole area, for original problem, what exactly did it do? Looks like you put tape in, push play and 2 seconds later it ejects the tape on it's own, is that correct?

Comment

After connecting all right, I measure voltages in PSU and none look like in the service manual.
          What do you mean voltages are not like the service manual? which voltages? what voltage are they?
          Post the voltages you get on power supply board CN6
          Last edited by R_J; 08-14-2023, 06:51 PM.

Comment

That is a really good video of replacing that counter sensor, I think this is the one you refer to, looks like yours is working, the video does show the innards of this model very well, might be able to get some clues from it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFHd2tOaNdQ

Comment

Originally posted by nomoresonys View Post
              That is a really good video of replacing that counter sensor, I think this is the one you refer to, looks like yours is working, the video does show the innards of this model very well, might be able to get some clues from it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFHd2tOaNdQ
              I nomoresonys.
              You´re right, I´ve seen the video before got courage to disassembly my vcr and replace all electrolytic caps, hoping my problem was only bad readings from eeprom and the sensor was good, but after replacing all the caps, as I said, I mixed up the plugs on the boards.
              After measuring on cold, all the PSU components, I figured out that when I mixed up "CN6" to "CN5" the "R1" 10ohm fuse resistor burned out with "Fuse2" Thank God it did, I replaced it with a 2W 10ohm just to test and the VCR came to life again, all two audio channels work, beautifull sound, but the reel sensor doesn´t work, it starts to play and stops just like the youtube video. I searched on google, I can find the sensor, but only in foreign sites, that dont ship to Portugal.
              If you or someone can ship the sensor to me I´ll pay for it.

The sensor it this...

https://www.donberg.ie/descript/g/gp_3a21.htm

Thank You all!!

Hugo.

Comment

Do you have the SWD 5V-1 on pin2 of CN5 of the power supply? this supplies voltage to the sensor
                Last edited by R_J; 08-14-2023, 08:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by R_J View Post
                  Do you have the SWD 5V-1 on pin2 of CN5 of the power supply? this supplies voltage to the sensor
                  Hi R_J.
                  I figured out the problem, as I said, the fuse resistor "R1", burned out as When "Fuse 2" burned too.
                  After replaced the resistor, the VCR came to life again...
                  The problem now is the reel sensor...
                  Thank You, I really appreciate your answer!

Hugo.

Comment

Originally posted by hugocarmo View Post
                    Hi R_J.
                    I figured out the problem, as I said, the fuse resistor "R1", burned out as When "Fuse 2" burned too.
                    After replaced the resistor, the VCR came to life again...
                    The problem now is the reel sensor...
                    Thank You, I really appreciate your answer!

Hugo.
                    So the reel sensor is getting 5v but just not outputting a REEL FG pulse? on1317 seems to be the same sensor. If you can't find one you may be able to replace the defective component in the housing, I have done this in the past. If the led is bad it's easy if its the 3 lead detector it may be harder to find
                    Last edited by R_J; 08-14-2023, 08:53 PM.

Comment

So the reel sensor is getting 5v but just not outputting a REEL FG pulse?
                      You´re right.
                      But my first problem was that when I swapped CN6 to CN5, Fuse2 burned out, and later on I figured that R1 (10ohm) fuse resistor burned too, Before I started to replace all the electrolytic caps, the reel sensor problem was there, but I tought that was only a cap problem, but It wasn´t... Unfortunately...
                      So I need a reel sensor like the one I put on the link...
                      I think it´s not easy to find in EU, but I´ll pay the shippment costs if it´s shipped from US...

Thank You.

Hugo.

Comment

The part number is GP3A21, 0N1317 may be the same

Comment

The part number is GP3A21, 0N1317 may be the same
                          I didn´t find any with 0N1317 but with PU60271 I found.
                          But still haven´t found any store who ships to Portugal.
                          donberg ships, but only 50€+...
                          If someone can buy it from another site and ship for me I´ll pay for the sensor ans shippment costs...

The other site I found is in Australia!

https://www.wagneronline.com.au/jvc-...-5352/2043/pd/

Once again,

Thank You R_J!
                          Last edited by hugocarmo; 08-14-2023, 09:05 PM.

Comment

So then it was the reel sensor after all, did you verify like he did in the video?

Comment

Is that it? I don't know anything about the seller, it looks legitimate but I have not dealt with them myself: https://www.electronic-spare-parts.c...s/gp_3a21.html
                              Last edited by nomoresonys; 08-15-2023, 06:07 AM.

Comment

Hi nomoresonys.
                                That store is the same as donberg.ie, the problem is that they only accept a minimum order value of 50€.
                                I´ll keep on searching

Thank You,

Hugo!

Comment

Could this one work like the original one?
                                  It has 5 pins too...

https://cdn.badcaps-static.com/pdfs/...7602c937a7.pdf

Thank You.

Comment

I see, didn't know that was their policy, hate when they do that, they usually always charge shipping, I don't get it, guess they just can't be bothered with anything less than 50. I won't deal with those types if I can avoid it.

Comment

One there, didn't read the particular details tho: https://www.ued.net/ued/viewItemActi...Code=JVCGP3A21

Comment

Some info there, maybe someone can make sense of it: https://www.datasheetarchive.com/?q=GP3A21

Comment

Working...
                                        X