Dell NPS-210AB A Rev 1 PSU blown resistors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dell NPS-210AB A Rev 1 PSU blown resistors

Can't find a schematic for this. R902 and R905 are burnt out. Pics attached. Can anyone help me ID them?
    Attached Files

Re: Dell NPS-210AB A Rev 1 PSU blown resistors

Can't help a lot, but ...

That P/S was made by Newton Power, a division of Delta Products. Delta used to have - and may yet - a tech support office in the Portland, OR - Vancouver, WA area. You might try contacting them. If that office is no longer there, you might try contacting the Delta office in Fremont, CA, which has both sales and tech support people.

Resistors don't fry like that without a reason. Chances are, something else is shorted, and the resistors fried as a consequence.
    PeteS in CA

Power Supplies should be boring: No loud noises, no bright flashes, and no bad smells.
    To kill personal responsibility, initiative or success, punish it by taxing it. To encourage irresponsibility, improvidence, dependence and failure, reward it by subsidizing it.

Comment

Thanks. That's good info. Of course you're right and resistors don't blow like that without something else causing it and I just found a blown surface mount IC on the bottom of the board. I won't be repairing this one. A replacement PSU for this PC is cheap enough.

Comment

Looks like part of the 5SVB circuit.
        I don't know if you will be able to find schematics. I think you're better off just posting more pictures here. If you have a multimeter, it may be possible to troubleshoot it.

Comment

I was thinking the 5Vsb circuit as well - a "stand-alone" FET so close to that smaller transformer was a bit of a dead-giveaway.

I've got a hunch one of those two blown resistors goes to the gate of the FET, and the FET itself may well be shorted (i should know - i've made this happen myself, about a month ago ), perhaps also the source resistor.
          Khron's Cave - Electronics - Audio - Teardowns - Mods - Repairs - Projects - Music - Rants - Shenanigans

Comment

I appreciate the advice but I'm not really equipped or steady-handed enough to deal with such small surface mount soldering. Thanks for the help

Comment

Hi again OP .

I hope you still have the PSU in hand because i have the values of the burned parts , but i would like you to give me the values for the 3 resistors near the output cables just underneath the end of the rectifiers radiator ( R519 - R520 - R521) .

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Yeah, I still got it around here somewhere. I'll let you know when I dig it up.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveNielsen View Post
                  Yeah, I still got it around here somewhere. I'll let you know when I dig it up.
                  I appreciate that < thanks

Comment

Originally posted by SM-Piyes90 View Post
                    Hi again OP .

I hope you still have the PSU in hand because i have the values of the burned parts , but i would like you to give me the values for the 3 resistors near the output cables just underneath the end of the rectifiers radiator ( R519 - R520 - R521) .

Thanks in advance.
                    Going by color bands looks like:

R519 = 100k 5%
                    R520 = 390k 5%
                    R521 = 820k 5%

I didn't pull em to check tho.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveNielsen View Post
                      Going by color bands looks like:

R519 = 100k 5%
                      R520 = 390k 5%
                      R521 = 820k 5%

I didn't pull em to check tho.
                      Hi thanks a lot but it would be greatly apprecuated if you take a clean picture of it.

Comment

Not at this time.

Comment

Originally posted by SM-Piyes90 View Post
                          Hi thanks a lot but it would be greatly apprecuated if you take a clean picture of it.
                          This is the best pic I can get.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Thanks , i will happily give any infos about your blown parts .

Comment

Working...
                            X