Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Power supply Termaltake Smart Se 630w any voltage in output

Originally posted by CapLeaker View Post
    What wattage bulb did you use? Did any of the voltage rails come up for a brief period? You may have to put the DMM in a fixed range.
    Hi, sorry for my reply late but I was so busy. Anyway I used 100w for bulb..The voltage on the rails I didn't know how to check 😅

Comment

What wattage bulb did you use? Did any of the voltage rails come up for a brief period? You may have to put the DMM in a fixed range.
      Hi sorry I'm late 😅 anyway I used bulb with 100w , I didn't check the voltage on the rails because I don't know how to check 😅 thank you

Comment

Originally posted by momaka View Post
        If you have a transistor tester or ESR meter, pull out the big electrolytic cap on the primary and measure it. Also pull all of the small caps on the primary side and measure them. Post what results you get for these. If you don't have a way to measure ESR on caps, best bet is to replace all of the small caps with high-quality Japanese low ESR ones.
        (Hi I checked already with esr meter out of the circuit the big one ( primary side) and a couple of those on the secondary )

For the dim bulb tester, go straight to a 300-500 Watt heating element or incandescent / halogen lamp. Often times, 100-150W is not enough for APFC circuits, IME. Also put a small load on the PSU's 12V and 5V rail (12V halogen lamps rated 10-20W should be OK... or a bunch of 10-Ohm 3W resistors on the 5V rail and one or two 100-Ohm 2W resistors on the 12V rail), just to make sure the PSU is not turning on due to not having a sufficient load (some ATX PSUs are like that.) You might have to ditch the dim bulb trick for this test, as any load on the output of the PSU would ask for an even larger heating element or light bulb in order for the APFC to work.
        Well here I don't know anything else 🤷

Comment

Hi guys , do you think I'm going to put it in the bin..? Because I don't know what I should do. ��

Comment

There are no shots one the primary or secondary? Try plugging the PSU straight into power mains and see what happens.

Comment

There are no shots one the primary or secondary? Try plugging the PSU straight into power mains and see what happens.
              Hi you mean bypass the chassis? I do already Notting happens, I only found one diode rectifier on the secondary
              , and notting more , the situation is the same I have some voltage in output but doesn't start

Comment

O.k. So the super visor is disabled and when you plug the psu in the bulb keeps flashing? And if you plug the psu straight to power mains nothing happens?
                There’s got to be either a full short on the secondary or something wrong with the feedback.
                Last edited by CapLeaker; 10-12-2023, 04:26 AM.

Comment

O.k. So the super visor is disabled and when you plug the psu in the bulb keeps flashing? And if you plug the psu straight to power mains nothing happens?
                  There’s got to be either a full short on the secondary or something wrong with the feedback.
                  Yes both situations( though the bulb ,and straight to power) nothing happens..I think there's nothing I can do, I can't keep going because I don't have a lot of experience with this kind of problem..🤷♀️🙄

Comment

Working...
                  X