Emerson clock radio transformer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Emerson clock radio transformer

Hello I have a Emerson research clock radio model CKS3516C and the transformer went out on it ,the label on the clock radio says 120VAC 6 watt backup battery DC 3v CR2430. the numbers on the transformer ST3591C-13SEN which I can't find anywhere for it. Can anyone please tell me the AC output voltage. Thanks

Re: Emerson clock radio transformer

Did you try the internet? a search of ST3591C-13SEN found this https://www.ebay.com/itm/283611561711
    Looks like it is a 18vac center tap 9+9 vac 12watt

Comment

if the primary is open, check under the insulation for a thermal fuse

Comment

Thanks guys , I'm going to see if I have a 9vac 6w wall transformer and tie that into the board , the transformer and shipping out of the states is worth more than the clock radio

Comment

The transformer is an 18vac center taped transformer, not a 9vac transformer, as mentioned, check the primary, if it is open, there is likely a thermal protection fuse which can be replaced if you can get at it

Comment

I tore into the transformer and can not find a thermal fuse. I have a ST3591C-13SEN transformer with 2 secondary wires, the one on Ebay is ST391C-13DN with 3 wire secondary. Hence my thought 9vac.

Comment

I missed that EN vs DN at the end, I guess it could be a 9vac single output as I cant find any datasheet on the transformer.

Comment

Working...
              X