No announcement yet.

Dell Latitude 5420 Bios Password 8FC8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I let the computer run for like 30 minutes. It is doing the same thing. Fan runs up fast initially, then stops. Meanwhile, the keyboard lights up, then turns itself off and it just cycles non-stop.

Yes, I flashed the original bios and I am getting the password prompt when attempting to go into bios.

Comment

Try again
      Attached Files

Comment

I tried it. Same result. In addition, I am now getting 3 ember/6 white blinking pattern indicating bad BIOS.

Comment

Originally posted by trepachka View Post
          I tried it. Same result. In addition, I am now getting 3 ember/6 white blinking pattern indicating bad BIOS.
          Send to you, try ! ( write with old chip, new chip will not work )
          Attached Files
          Last edited by minhdigital; 04-08-2024, 12:49 AM.

Comment

If I understood you correctly, use the chip that came on the motherboard. Not a different chip, correct? What is the reason for that?

Comment

If I understood you correctly, use the chip that came on the motherboard. Not a different chip, correct? What is the reason for that?
              yes, write with chip old bios on the motherboard, if you replace new chip not work because not support
              Attached Files

Comment

Ok, I will do that. The original chip is Micron XM25QH256C

Comment

Simply amazing. As you suggested, I applied the patched bin file from post Internet Radio Comedy - Defcon Radio using the original bios chip and the computer is running again. I disabled Absolute and typed the service tag# on 1st boot, followed by Alt-F on 2nd boot and the password is gone.

However, on every boot instead of "Dell" logo I am getting 3rd party logo. Could someone, please take a look at the bin file in post Internet Radio Comedy - Defcon Radio and let the bios logo go back to standard "Dell" one?

Thank you.

Comment

Simply amazing. As you suggested, I applied the patched bin file from post Internet Radio Comedy - Defcon Radio using the original bios chip and the computer is running again. I disabled Absolute and typed the service tag# on 1st boot, followed by Alt-F on 2nd boot and the password is gone.

However, on every boot instead of "Dell" logo I am getting 3rd party logo. Could someone, please take a look at the bin file in post Internet Radio Comedy - Defcon Radio and let the bios logo go back to standard "Dell" one?

Thank you.
                    Try from post #618

Comment

Originally posted by qayyum786 View Post

try
                      still computrace active, can check it plz.i cant disabled computrace

plz

Comment

Originally posted by b4rdock View Post

still computrace active, can check it plz.i cant disabled computrace

plz

Service Tag: G9QWHR3

try again
                        Attached Files

Comment

I tried post The Good Capacitors Photo Thread and the computer just flashes the keyboard, no video.

I went with post caps used in ASRock K8-Upgrade M1689? and everything is running fine now. I get the Dell logo now. I did have to reinstall Windows because I was getting "INACCESSIBLE_DEVICE" error. But all is good. Thank you guys.

Comment

Service Tag: G9QWHR3

try again
                            hi thanks for reply. but my servicetag is FSNS7G3
                            not work the file you send me, dont give me video
                            original yes works video but computrace are activce i need deactivate
                            can help me fix it plz

thanks
                            Attached Files

Comment

can help me fix it plz

thanks
                              my mistake that i quote you but that file was for @trepachka (Service Tag: G9QWHR3) not for you

Comment

can help me fix it plz

thanks
                                Service Tag :- FSNS7G3

Try
                                Attached Files

Comment

For some reason, when I am attempting to show post number, the software creates a link to the la-la land. Basically, 618 post file didn't work for me but 624 post file worked fine. The Dell logo is gone and so is the password. Thank you.

Comment

Service Tag :- FSNS7G3

Try
                                    thanks for all your help , but sitll dont works i try the last file you send me and only turn one time and off then not restart like similar case

the bios chip is good cause i reprogram it and turn on ok with video but computrace active 😅

regards

Comment

thanks for all your help , but sitll dont works i try the last file you send me and only turn one time and off then not restart like similar case

the bios chip is good cause i reprogram it and turn on ok with video but computrace active 😅

regards
                                      Try again
                                      Attached Files

Comment

Hi I Have a Dell Latitude 5420 With Bios Password
                                        Service Tag 59MC8C3-8FC8
                                        Please Can some one Unlock Bios for me Thanks

Comment

Hi I Have a Dell Latitude 5420 With Bios Password
                                          Service Tag 59MC8C3-8FC8
                                          Please Can some one Unlock Bios for me Thanks

forgot to attach file - Sorry
                                          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                          X