• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LENOVO BIOS AUTO-PATCHER for Supervisor Password Removal

This worked for removing SVP on X1 Carbon 6th Gen

Comment

please t450 bios
      Last edited by SMDFlea; 03-26-2023, 12:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by abuge View Post
        please t450 bios
        Havn`t you even tried the Autopatcher at post #1 in this thread ?

RULES UPDATE for BIOS requests/offers *AVOID BANNING, READ BEFORE POSTING*
        https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=103570

— You are requesting help
        If you do not abide by the following rules, your post will be deleted.

You MUST:
        All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Originally posted by abuge View Post
          please t450 bios
          Try this ....
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by another_one View Post
            Things have gone from bad to worse. I wrote the original bios file back to the chip and now I can't even get the machine to turn on...
            Try this file ...
            Attached Files

Comment

good afternoon. please help me with my bios AUTO-PATCHER does not work for me.

Comment

Originally posted by nikola07 View Post
                good afternoon. please help me with my bios AUTO-PATCHER does not work for me.
                Hello,
                Unfortunately this is not possible the Autopatcher only works from the 4th Gen to 8th Gen
                You have.
                11th Gen Intel® Core™ i7-1185G7 vPro®

Comment

Originally posted by Markus1741 View Post
                  Hello,
                  Unfortunately this is not possible the Autopatcher only works from the 4th Gen to 8th Gen
                  You have.
                  11th Gen Intel® Core™ i7-1185G7 vPro®
                  thanks. is there a paid way to remove the password. is there such information?

Comment

hello sirs,

thanks for all the work here. I have tried this myself but can't get a patched file generated nothing happens.

can someone help patch this for a T460S please. thanks

Comment

Originally posted by donatella View Post
                      hello sirs,

thanks for all the work here. I have tried this myself but can't get a patched file generated nothing happens.

can someone help patch this for a T460S please. thanks
                      Your backup isn`t good try again,youve done something wrong, i guess you`re using a ch341a ?

T460S already patched https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=81573 but no good without a proper backup.
                      All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Correct I am using ch341a, i will try again. Thanks

Comment

is it possible to unlock bios on 9th gen Lenovo?. thanks

Comment

Managed to reseat the ch341a clips and worked properly reading the bios.. Please double check this if you are a newbie like me. The check (?) on the software (AS programmer in my case) should bring up a list of ICs, you then know you have a good read. Managed to follow outlined steps & T460s is now a free bird. Many thanks

Comment

Hello, is this possible.
                              I once bought a defective Lenovo X250 notebook, it would not start.
                              I removed the motherboard, put it aside, desoldered the original BIOS chip and also deleted the original BIOS that was included.
                              Now through more experience through the forum (SMDFlea ME Clean) I had the motherboard in my hands again after a year.
                              I had backed up a BIOS file from a second X250.
                              Have this BIOS file subjected to an ME Clean and written and soldered on a BIOS chip. It's definitely a different BIOS.
                              Installed the motherboard and booted and lo and behold the Lenovo logo appeared just to let me know a password was required.
                              It was not possible to get into the BIOS. Then created a patch and installed it successfully. Finally, the foreign BIOS ME Clean File is loaded again.
                              And everything was successful no more password and a working board.
                              Again, I didn't even know that there was a password on this board.
                              I couldn't start it until yesterday and dismissed it as rubbish.
                              I didn't have the original BIOS either, just a different one.

Comment

Try this ...
                                thank you very much

Comment

Hi folks,

I have a locked Lenovo T470 (20HE-S7DW03, TP00088A). I desoldered and dumped the eeprom (25Q128) – three times, just to be sure that the dump is OK. I patched it with autopatcher – it succeeded. After patching the new binary into the eeprom (and reading it back to verify) and soldering it back, the laptop doesn't start. Power button blinks three times after connecting the power supply, and pressing the power button doesn't have any effect.

Could anyone help?

Here's the dump, if someone could help…

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by CircuitChaos View Post
                                    Hi folks,

I have a locked Lenovo T470 (20HE-S7DW03, TP00088A). I desoldered and dumped the eeprom (25Q128) – three times, just to be sure that the dump is OK. I patched it with autopatcher – it succeeded. After patching the new binary into the eeprom (and reading it back to verify) and soldering it back, the laptop doesn't start. Power button blinks three times after connecting the power supply, and pressing the power button doesn't have any effect.

Could anyone help?

Thanks in advance.
                                    Try
                                    Attached Files

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                    All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
                                    Become a Badcaps supporter
                                    >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
                                    Thanks to all supporters.
                                    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Comment

Hi folks,

Could anyone help?

Thanks in advance.
                                      Hello, please check if all capacitors and resistors around the chip are ok. Not that a resistor was moved when unsoldering.
                                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by hoaca388 View Post
                                        Try
                                        Hi,

Thanks. I loaded it, but it didn't help, because:

Hello, please check if all capacitors and resistors around the chip are ok. Not that a resistor was moved when unsoldering.
                                        You're right. Resistor and capacitor on the DO line went away. They're so tiny and so close to the chip I didn't notice it even with a loupe…

I shorted R694 and it started working. I guess I just got rid of some ESD protection, but I probably couldn't solder a resistor that tiny with my tools anyway…

The laptop works, there's no password, but next time I think I'll try the clip approach first…

Thank you!

Comment

Hi,

Thanks. I loaded it, but it didn't help, because:

You're right. Resistor and capacitor on the DO line went away. They're so tiny and so close to the chip I didn't notice it even with a loupe…

I shorted R694 and it started working. I guess I just got rid of some ESD protection, but I probably couldn't solder a resistor that tiny with my tools anyway…

The laptop works, there's no password, but next time I think I'll try the clip approach first…

Thank you!
                                          Hello, nice that it works. I know the resistor is type 0201 and is very difficult to solder without a microscope.

This happens very often in this forum that the resistances are broken off, and then suddenly nothing works.

In such a case it is often better to solder fine wires to pin 1,2,4,5,6,8 it is much safer.

Greetings to Poland
                                          Last edited by Markus1741; 12-04-2022, 12:51 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                          X