Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem with CH341A

Hi

I want to unlock the bios password of my HP 840 G3.I dumb the BIOS with ch341a (USB_Black Edition).If i verify the original Dumb Bios , it show "Chip Main Memory with the contents are in disagrements".Please helps me.I use a lot of Version of the Programm but its same Problem.

Attached Files

Re: Problem with CH341A

write the original dump on another Bios chip of the same model. then verify it. probably your old Bios chip is faulty or it is not properly connected to the programmer.

Comment

Originally posted by caspian View Post
      write the original dump on another Bios chip of the same model. then verify it. probably your old Bios chip is faulty or it is not properly connected to the programmer.

i does it but its the same Problem.I do its with auto an on verify there stay "Chip Main Memory with the contents are in disagrements"

Comment

I can detect the chip successfull but the verify its fault

Comment

If the programmer cannot write properly on another chip too, then the programmer has some problem. A programmer has resistors, capacitors, and ICs inside. So they may fail too. I use another model of programmer. Members who have experiences with CH341A will help you find what is wrong with this programmer.

Comment

If the programmer cannot write properly on another chip too, then the programmer has some problem. A programmer has resistors, capacitors, and ICs inside. So they may fail too. I use another model of programmer. Members who have experiences with CH341A will help you find what is wrong with this programmer.
            what do you use of Programmer

Comment

have you ever had any successful writing/verification on any Bios chip by this programmer recently?
              I do not know how to diagnose a programmer problem.

Comment

have you ever had any successful writing/verification on any Bios chip by this programmer recently?
                I do not know how to diagnose a programmer problem.
                i buy it new

Comment

thus, the programmer is probably under guarantee and you should contact the guarantee center. Either the programmer is faulty or you do the programmings in a wrong way.

Comment

Its the CH341A software thats at fault. You can find different software versions in this thread https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=47246 ,or you can try flashrom on windows
                    https://winraid.level1techs.com/t/gu...rammer/32948/3

EDIT: don`t bother trying to use a sop8 clip with the CH341A they don`t work properly , desolder the bios.
                    Last edited by SMDFlea; 05-07-2023, 09:05 AM. Reason: edited winraid link
                    All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

I too had some problems with this 341A programmer.In the end , I desoldered the bios chip from the motherboard.

And then it all worked well .....

You cannot use the clip with the cable , and leave the chip soldered onto the MB ...
                      The CH341A may fool you , that it is doing something , while in fact , the results are not good ....

At least that is what I have experienced ...

You can solder the chip on the small pcb that came with the 341A

Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by pecrie View Post
                        I too had some problems with this 341A programmer.In the end , I desoldered the bios chip from the motherboard.

And then it all worked well .....

You cannot use the clip with the cable , and leave the chip soldered onto the MB ...
                        The CH341A may fool you , that it is doing something , while in fact , the results are not good ....

At least that is what I have experienced ...

You can solder the chip on the small pcb that came with the 341A

Good luck

Hello, I'm having the same issue. I'm new in everything. I dumped the Bios of a Lenovo x1 carbon and when I write it back and verify it, it tells me that there's an inconsistency. How does the unsolder the chip work? Do I need to desolder it and then write and verify the BIOS with the alligator's clip? Or I need to do it in another way? thanks in andavance!

Comment

@TATA ,

Sometimes it is easier to desolder the chip with a hot air station.Put some solid flux on the contacts or pre-solder the contacts with some 60/40 solder (this contains more lead)

It is a bit difficult to desolder these small chips with a soldering iron.The leadfree solder is not melting so well ... so you have chance to damage the chip (too much heat)

When you have the chip off the MB you don't really need the crocodile clip and cable.

You can solder the chip onto the 341A unit on the underside - take very good care of where the dot on the chip must go !!!!

The dot indicates Pin number 1 from the chip.I used the socket that I bought from Ali :

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Univ...2f0f4c4d6U18CJ

You can also use this :

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free...2f0f4c4d6U18CJ

Also read my other post about bios programming the HP G7-1135sd

Comment

The Chip is desoldering.I do it with the desoldering Chip.I think the CH341a cant`t flash wson-8 Chip.I buy a TL866 II Plus.I will be come on 01.12.2018 and i try it again.

Comment

Originally posted by macrepair View Post
                              Hi

I want to unlock the bios password of my HP 840 G3.I dumb the BIOS with ch341a (USB_Black Edition).If i verify the original Dumb Bios , it show "Chip Main Memory with the contents are in disagrements".Please helps me.I use a lot of Version of the Programm but its same Problem.

Your ch341a Black edition looks design for 5v,,,
                              check voltage pin28 ch341a

https://winraid.level1techs.com/t/gu...rammer/32948/3

https://www.eevblog.com/forum/repair...er-supply-fix/

i fix my self by cut 5v supply bottom board, and connect 3.3v and 5v with a jumper..

Attached Files
                              Last edited by SMDFlea; 05-07-2023, 09:06 AM.

Comment

@rioreno ,

Are you sure ??The bios chip that I was flashing was a Winbond W25Q16VB if I remember correctly.
                                It runs on 3.3 Volts ( I measured this voltage when checking things)

And I had no problems with flashing the chip - everything went well ...
                                Just take care to put the chip in the correct position and in the right place in the zif socket.

If it recognizes the chip it should be fine ..

Comment

Originally posted by pecrie View Post
                                  @rioreno ,

Are you sure ??The bios chip that I was flashing was a Winbond W25Q16VB if I remember correctly.
                                  It runs on 3.3 Volts ( I measured this voltage when checking things)

And I had no problems with flashing the chip - everything went well ...
                                  Just take care to put the chip in the correct position and in the right place in the zif socket.

If it recognizes the chip it should be fine ..
                                  yes i am sure..
                                  1.Before mod my programmer can r/w but not all chip, especially 3.3v chip.
                                  2.The meaning 5v fix are ch341a running at 5v, so checked pin28 ch341a..for SPI mode ch341a chip should be 3.3v...,
                                  2.Now after mod my ch341a cannot r/w properly for I2C(5v) ...but for I2C(3.3v) r/w with properly...

Comment

Ok i mod it today and try it again.My Chip ist "w25q128fveig"

Comment

Originally posted by macrepair View Post
                                      Ok i mod it today and try it again.My Chip ist "w25q128fveig"
                                      goodluck, btw you can try using with another software...

Asprogrammer v.1.4

https://www.goprawn.com/forum/action...ch341a-support

https://github.com/nofeletru/UsbAsp-flash/releases/

Comment

Well I haven't try to flash I2C chips.I only had to reprogram this Winbond bios chip.
                                        I have the black edition and I downloaded the software from the video link from this guy NSC

Like I said , it is not working when you use a clip and cable.Better to take the chip off the board.

I also dld the software update.I have for the SETUP_EXE version 1.5.3.0
                                        and for the CH341A_EXE version 1.18.0.0

I had no problems to reprogram the chip - and the software did detect the chip.
                                        Also R/W was no problem -

Comment

Working...
                                        X