Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: KB9028 Programming

Originally posted by mcplslg123 View Post
    dc jack led glows orange without even programming but mb dont turn on . You need to program kbc. Are you sure u have +3V LDO on pin17 of SY8286BRAC(AWV)?? If yes, then post a clear picture of KBC9028 with surrounding components. may be some resistor is knocked off while soldering the kbc or kbc is not properly soldered and/or kbc is defective. You have +3V_EC at pin 96 of KBC?? Be very careful while measuring pin17 of sy8286brac. better not to measure on the pin directly.
    ok, I re-soldered the original kb9028q, the charge led is ok, orange,
    I press the power button, the white LEDs light up for about 10 seconds and then turn off,
    in ignition I find the 5V and 3 V on pl 4502 and pl 4501,
    3v on spi mxic (already written another bios)

I can't find CPU power supplies, and Ram, Pl5201 marks 0.6 ohm, it should have 1 V, generated by Pu5201 (V15U 1533sf) I don't recognize the type of ic on the code,
    wiring diagram I can not find it for this motherboard, there will be some signal that does not allow the correct ignition sequence, I suspect pch, do you have advice
    Attached Files

Comment

I've already delivered so cant give you the measurements on ram ic anymore. If we can manage the ram ic datasheet, can be diagnosed further.

Comment

Just received another dead mb(same). KBC is badly soldered with missing surrounding components. @reset1986, can you help me with the value of those 2 resistors circled in black.
        Attached Files

Comment

Just received another dead mb(same). KBC is badly soldered with missing surrounding components. @reset1986, can you help me with the value of those 2 resistors circled in black.
          here, measured without welded kb9028q,
          I'm waiting for a new kb9028q already programmed
          Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for resistor values. Soc is bad(pch part). Even after removing kbc,3v pwm, short remains on 3V line. Injecting 1V,10A makes SOC heat up . So end of story as neither I've such SOC, nor do I have stencil for same. So returned it to customer . Feel bad for the customer. Unit was just 1 month out of warranty and goes to scrap. It was with touchscreen.

Comment

Thanks for resistor values. Soc is bad(pch part). Even after removing kbc,3v pwm, short remains on 3V line. Injecting 1V,10A makes SOC heat up . So end of story as neither I've such SOC, nor do I have stencil for same. So returned it to customer . Feel bad for the customer. Unit was just 1 month out of warranty and goes to scrap. It was with touchscreen.
              pity, I will soon get the kb9028q chip already programmed, I'll let you know

Comment

I need some help with 9028q and svod3. I am trying to program hp motherboard diner 1.0 carrizo-l, 15286-1.

The board dc jack got broken so the ec had 20V. I replaced it with "new" 9028q and svod3 founds it. It can read and write but not erase. I do not even understand how there is data if it is suppose to be new? Anyway it gives the error "blank check false" So does anybody know what i should try to do to get the chip fully erased?

Hopefully somebody can give me solution here. Many many thanks

Comment

has anyone tried kb9028 with a ch341a programmer?
                  I noticed that neoprogrammer has support for KB902X. Will try this later.
                  Having problem figuring the connections for this laptop model HP Envy 13-aq series. I dont have the schematics. Hopefully there are some identical models with schematics out there.
                  Last edited by gurangax; 09-29-2022, 06:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by reset1986 View Post
                    pity, I will soon get the kb9028q chip already programmed, I'll let you know
                    Did you solve your board problem?

Comment

i've try neo programmer with ch134a for programming kb9028q.. solder it directly to keyboard pin on acer sf314-56. but i've no luck. pm slp s3 and pm slp s4 not showing up.. the kbc respon my power button and enabling the other 3.3v 1v and 1.8v..
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by a_lik View Post
                        i've try neo programmer with ch134a for programming kb9028q.. solder it directly to keyboard pin on acer sf314-56. but i've no luck. pm slp s3 and pm slp s4 not showing up.. the kbc respon my power button and enabling the other 3.3v 1v and 1.8v..
                        Are you sure the pins on keyboard connector are correct. Make sure to trace the pins from the chip directly to the keyboard with a multimeter. And make sure it is grounded properly. I dont think the board will turn on if the signal is properly grounded

Comment

Originally posted by gurangax View Post
                          Are you sure the pins on keyboard connector are correct. Make sure to trace the pins from the chip directly to the keyboard with a multimeter. And make sure it is grounded properly. I dont think the board will turn on if the signal is properly grounded
                          yes i've flash it with 3 different ec bios.. detecting, programming and verifying succses but no luck. still missing slp s3 and slp s4.. rsmt_rst and pm powerbtn are coming.. i'm affraid my PCH..

Comment

Originally posted by khaahk View Post
                            Vertyanov programmer lists it as this:
                            KB_pins=32 LEFT DOWN 1MM KSO3=15 KSI4=28 KSI7=31 KSI6=30 KSI5=27 KB9028Q
                            How does this pin names translate to SPI pins clock cs miso mosi?

Thanks

Comment

Ksi4=cs
                              ksi5=clk
                              ksi6=din(miso)
                              ksi7=do(mosi)
                              kso3=gnd

Comment

Thanks to all who responded. @khaahk, the pinout given by you is correct. I tried my level best but couldnt program ec with SVOD1 with custom made config file as provided by @khaahk. However, i got the job done with RT8209F by manually soldering the pins on kbd connector and khaahk's input is verified ok.

@reset1986, KB9012/22 cant be replaced for kb9028. I already tried kb9022 on this very mb and it creates problem. KB9028 datasheet i couldnt find anywhere. I referred to Lenovo 330S schematic for basic understanding of KB9028.
                                mcplslg123: you said you can use RT8209F to program kb9028, correct? can you post the diagram? thanks

Comment

Yes,KB9028 is supported by RT8209F. The pinout is already mentioned on post#34.

Comment

Working...
                                  X