Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Acer E5-511 Motherboard LA-B211P heats processor as soon as I connect the charger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Acer E5-511 Motherboard LA-B211P heats processor as soon as I connect the charger

Hi everyone

I have this Mobo LA-B211P received from another technician.

As soon I connect the charger the cpu becomes hot, also the 1.8v power supply.

I suspect cpu is burned but I don't have enought experience and I want your opinion.

I have 5v / 3v alw and the mobo try to turn on but not display.

help please

PD: sorry for my bad English
    Attached Files

Re: Acer E5-511 Motherboard LA-B211P heats processor as soon as I connect the charger

yes I think it is the case....no chance with haswell cpu's and chipset

Comment

Re: Acer E5-511 Motherboard LA-B211P heats processor as soon as I connect the charger

mm ok nothing to do, I think it is that too.

Very thanks

Comment

Check PCH power coil for shorting. This i beleive has cpu +pch soldered in a single die. Cpu getting hot when powered is likely to be pch bad but you can never be sure. To be more sure, check resistance to gnd on bios pin8 and pch coil. In a dell cedar 13269 mobo, cpu was heating when adapter applied but at the end cpu was fine. it was only pch power ic which was shorted. So do check these steps .

Comment

Hi

Bios pin 8 to ground 4 ohms.

This motherboard only have Cpu not PCH ( or is integrated, I don't know).

Thank you

Comment

Yes. this fault is common in this computer. You can still replace it if you have the tools.

Comment

So ,pin8 of bios chip is shorted to gnd for sure indicating a short in+3V line. The onboard cpu has pch integrated into it. So check PCH power coil for shorting now.

Comment

I don't have the tools for replace the chip, so I prefer to no continue with the fixing.

Thanks all!

Raul

Comment

Working...
                X