Toshiba C55-A5310 - power on battery only, won't charge, not DC harness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Toshiba C55-A5310 - power on battery only, won't charge, not DC harness

DC Jack is fine (and duplicated issue with a replacement).
    LED indicates A/C power and Charging. OS reports plugged in and charging but device will not power up on A/C without battery nor will it charge battery (duplicated with 3 known good batteries). I'm having to charge battery in another unit to get anything to work at all.

Fuse6050 seems good.

Giving it stink-eye doesn't seem to help...

Only other indicator I have is without battery when I (attempt to) turn it on, SOMETIMES something tries to jump the fan enough that I can hear it (and see it barely move) click in a rhythmic pattern, almost 1 second apart like a ticking clock.

Re: Toshiba C55-A5310 - power on battery only, won't charge, not DC harness

please check mosfet near dc jack and mosfet near battery socket.

Comment

Q6011 tests open. Q6010 tests normal. Not finding these online though. E4 GND 5P0805
      Attached Files

Comment

sir now solution is 1st check and confirm battery and charger then you need to tracing path of the dc chack to high power one resisitor then check upper and lover mosfet this way of the dc chack to battery confirm present 14 to 18 volt in gate of the two mosfet

Comment

I have the same issue, same model - works fine with a charged battery (I can charge the battery on another Toshiba) but not on A/C. Adapter tests fine. Power switch tests fine. Jack and harness tests fine. Power traces to motherboard, but no LEDs or signs of life, no fan, no post. With a charged battery everything works perfectly. Have gone through eliminating components but can't find one that is blocking boot or charging.

Did you find your solution or does anyone else have a solution? I hate to toss this laptop...

Comment

Working...
          X