X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VPCF13Z1E doesn't work with battery

Hello,

This one is driving me nuts.
    Its motherboard is MBX-235 but I have found out that it is rather the same with MBX-215 (attached).
    So it works with ac adaptor but doesn't charge the battery at all (checked to other laptop works ok). I have already changed the BQ247553A with no result and the pq2 which was shorted. After changing the pq2 with a new one the laptop doesn't power on at all, I have to short it again in order to power on with ac adaptor. Any suggestions please?
    Attached Files

Re: VPCF13Z1E doesn't work with battery

Without shorting PQ2 give voltage of pin 4 of PQ1 and PQ2

Comment

Hello,

I have 19v on both pins.

Comment

Give voltage on all pins of PU3

Comment

Hello again,

I have managed to repair the charging problems. Now it charges the battery, powers on with ac adaptor but doesn't power on with battery! Even if you remove the adaptor while working turns off.

Any ideas please?

Comment

Check PQ32

Comment

Hi, facing the same problems you previously did. PQ2 shorted, enable signal on pu3 always high (= charging deactivated). Did you manage to repair this issue? It seems to be a quite easy one, but turns out to be hard. Since you managed to get the bat. charged, what did you do? Tnx

Comment

Hello,

I have suggest to the laptop owner to change the mainboard. I haven't managed to repair this one. Sorry for not being helpful to you.

Comment

Ah, too bad. thanks for your reply anyway. Maybe somebody has a clue. Facing same problem as topic starter. Pq2 was shorted. Replaced it, now don't have voltage on the board. PQ2 has 19v on both Source and Gate but not on the drain. Does anyone have a clue? thanks!!

Comment

Hi, similar issue here.
                    The notebook works ok without the battery but with the battery shuts off like cutting the power at the time I connect the battery or after some time.
                    This happens with a new battery also.
                    It is more likely to happen if I benchmark cpu or gpu thus making the system need more power.
                    At all times it worked ok without the battery - the power supply is tested with no fault.
                    Could it be a charging circuit issue [bq24753] that senses increased current and cuts the power?
                    Forgot to mention that the issue also happens with a fully charged battery.
                    To make it power on again I have to remove power, battery and rtc battery.
                    Any suggetions appreciated.
                    Attached Files

Comment

anyone with any idea?

Comment

Hello,

i got the same problem, PQ2 was shorted, when replace it, no power. PU3 on ACDET 2,6V high, whitch means adp disconnect. Anybody helps?thanx

Comment

Sometimes doing cmos reset solves this problem in lot of sony mb. have you tried it??

Comment

Working...
                          X