No announcement yet.

macbook a1707 820-00928

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You have 20v so believe the cd3215 are working.

Comment

Originally posted by PITERPENY View Post

Post U7650 basic voltages:
      23,=12.64V
      22,=3.3V
      12,=3.4V
      13,=1.99V
      29,=5V
      21.=3.4V

SMC_PM_G2_EN comes high? = 3.4 V
      Are you using 87W charger? = used 100W
      For A1707 models You must use an exact 87W OEM Apple brick. For some odd reason the board does not like anything less or more. Hope this helps.
      sigpic
      MEOWING IN THE IMPOSSIBLE UNIVERSE!

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post

For A1707 models You must use an exact 87W OEM Apple brick. For some odd reason the board does not like anything less or more. Hope this helps.
        I tried the Apple 87W unit, it didn't work! but thanks for the tip. I still have 20v and 0.000a stable

Comment

maybe this board also has problems with the thunderbolt firmware?

Comment

You have 20V so not TBT linked IMO. Do consider a BIOS reflash but backup the original. PS: Do you have a warehouse of boards in your facility? Nice to have if you do

Comment

oh yes, I have a whole box of boards of any kind! with my knowledge there are more and more of them! I'll try to upload a bios from a donor! If it doesn't work, I'll ask you)

Comment

so I rewrote several options for the OS, including with a clean region, the board consumption is still = 0V, substitution from other boards also did not give anything! I installed a BIOS chip from this board onto another one and it starts it up! Apparently we need to look for the reason elsewhere (

Comment

Review and share the details from post # 19.

Comment

What is the voltage to ground of the following points? Given that your PPBUS_G3H is boosted, these lines should be ok but do confirm it. Along with the current PPBUS_G3H voltage to ground.

SMBUS_SMC_5_G3_SCL
                    SMBUS_SMC_5_G3_SDA

After you attempt to power up, what is the current draw ? Stuck @ 0A ? What is PPBUS_G3H? Stable voltage till you unplug the adapter?

Comment

Is the other unit that is working with a battery? Test this one with a battery.

Comment

I fiddled with it for 2 weeks, replaced the PCH (U1100) and the MacBook came to life. therefore, if A1707 consumes 0.000A, I think 99% of PCH(U1100) should be replaced.

Comment

Very nice! Personally would have tossed it. Share the details of the donor PCH. Anything special or just replaced from another A1707 donor board?

Comment

I took it from the same donor board). but since it's green I think it's a product from Intel)

Comment

Awesome! Thanks for the updates and pix. For this series, I believe they are all from Intel. Later models have the Apple silicon.

Comment

Working...
                              X