Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the lowest acceptable resistance on a coil without considering a short on PCB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is the lowest acceptable resistance on a coil without considering a short on PCB

I have Asus FA506 ( board DA0BKXMB8D0 Rev: D). Can you please roughly indicate what the lowest resistance I should measure on a coil? I know that a low resistance is allowed on coils in CPU or graphic circuits but can you provide acceptable values of resistance?
    Thank you.

An inductor / coil is a long wire wrapped around a bobbin and covered with some material (optional) to limit the EMI (electromagnetic interference). Respectively, being a long piece of wire, the resistance across the inductor will be very close to being 0 ohms. Short your meter probes and this is close to what you will see on an inductor. If you are requesting the resistance to ground of the same inductor then you are referencing the power rail for that component. Being GPU / CPU, each are low voltage rails so expect their resistance to ground to be low as well. Others can comment on the resistance to ground but will vary with the vendor of the CPU / GPU.

Comment

The lowest resistance to GND on GPU i've faced is 0.1 ohms on gaming series laptops and GPU was fine.

Comment

Thank you for replies
        Yes, I asked about resistance to ground..
        But if there can be such a low resistance 0.1 Ohm, how to repair non working laptop? There are also mosfets and I can consider them being faulty( having such a small resistance). Does it mean I must unsolder each mosfet and test unsoldered one by one?
        Or is there a better way?

Comment

Originally posted by Jane View Post
          Thank you for replies
          Yes, I asked about resistance to ground..
          But if there can be such a low resistance 0.1 Ohm, how to repair non working laptop? There are also mosfets and I can consider them being faulty( having such a small resistance). Does it mean I must unsolder each mosfet and test unsoldered one by one?
          Or is there a better way?
          Hi, did you manage to get your laptop repaired? How did you go about getting to the source of the problem and the fix? Thanks

Comment

Working...
          X