Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HP DV5000 Power LED Blinking

Hi all,
    Does anyone has any idea that if HP DV-5000 Power LED blinking and nothing appear on display, and not power's on properly which part is faulty? I reflow VGA chip and Intel Power Controller chip but the problem is still there. . . I'm very upset because the customer is eating my head daily. Because it wasn't like this but when i opened it the problem was just appeared. And still never be sorted out. . .
    What should i do?
    plz help me out.

Re: HP DV5000 Power LED Blinking

First do reset HDD, tack out the Battry, power cord from the Laptop & the wall, then press power button for 1 minute and Tray without battry
    Check the voltage at Power Supply, and power socket (DC jack) and controll the cord of power supplay .
    When led blinking, the battry is out? If not tack out the Battry.
    try all controlls without the Battry. when you have found the solutions controll with Battry for controll the charge process.
    Try to change Ram and CPU. Good luck!

Comment

Ih, if the reset HDD is negative try to tack out The CMOS battry for abuot 1 Hour. without battry and power supply.

Comment

Originally posted by sonunigam View Post
        Hi all,
        Does anyone has any idea that if HP DV-5000 Power LED blinking and nothing appear on display, and not power's on properly which part is faulty? I reflow VGA chip and Intel Power Controller chip but the problem is still there. . . I'm very upset because the customer is eating my head daily. Because it wasn't like this but when i opened it the problem was just appeared. And still never be sorted out. . .
        What should i do?
        plz help me out.

If the cap lock led blinkin, change the gpu chip.

If the dc jack led blinkin, reflash or change the bios ic.

Comment

hi,

if i were you, here is what i'm gonna do.
          1. recall what you have done to the unit just after the unit is working fine. the parts you removed, the procedures you made etc.
          2. from there, examine the parts you touched. maybe you did something that when you return it, it was not well seated or not connected firmly. or maybe youdid more than that, short something on the circuit to make it that way.
          3. make necessary adjustments/correction observing proper procedure of repairing.

hope this helps
          good luck

Comment

id like to add on jtamad44,

if those LEDs are blinking (Caps and Num Lock) see HP troubleshooting guide of the blink codes. you will determine which part is at fault with those blink codes.

regards

Comment

Originally posted by fddizon View Post
              id like to add on jtamad44,

if those LEDs are blinking (Caps and Num Lock) see HP troubleshooting guide of the blink codes. you will determine which part is at fault with those blink codes.

regards
              http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/d...name=c01443366

Comment

i had a dv5000 and it was working fine on external display, i try to change the inverter and i connected (1% to find) a bad inverted. now it will not power, just power blink.
                maybe something similar happen to that notebook that was done and got in that situation
                Just cook it! It's already broken.

Comment

There is pad connection of power to LCD socket on the Motherboad, try to controll PWM_INVERT circuit line, VCC of LCD lines at socket and first (IC's, capacitors and mosfet) af power LCD.

Comment

Working...
                  X