Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Macbook Air A2337 Question

Hi there

I've recently purchased A2337 with no power issue. Unfortunately upon inspection, I have found that logic board is beyond repair. I know, that both ssd nand still have data on them. I've spoken to prevoius owner who claims that laptop had died on him one day and wouldn't turn on. I'm now waiting on another board to arrive. It's in full working order, except being icloud locked.
    I was wondering, if I swap NANDs from faulty board into working board, would it still be IC locked, or laptop would boot into OS nornally?

Thanks in advance.

Re: Macbook Air A2337 Question

I think it will be not so easy and you have to replace m1 cpu also ...

Comment

Sorry, I should have clarify that, sure, after NAND replacement laptop still will be IC locked, but was wondering, if I could at least boot into OS and turn off FMI with the help of previous owner. I have his contact details and he is willing to help.

Comment

I've been reading a bit, regarding ic lock, and since apparently sn is stored in nand(s) and has to match cpu, and possibly even bt and wifi address, something tells me that I would have to do dfu restore, and eventually will end up with Activate Mac screen.

Comment

But if you end up with activation screen previous owner can remove mac from his devices and you can use it. Or you can log in with his email and passwd and remove it

Comment

This is confusing. iCloud is tied to M1. Just ask the original owner of the board to remove the device from their iCloud account and reinstall.
            Last edited by piernov; 09-07-2023, 04:38 AM.
            OpenBoardView — https://github.com/OpenBoardView/OpenBoardView

Comment

Working...
            X