820-01700-A macbook pro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

820-01700-A macbook pro

Hello. I have one 820-01700-A macbook pro. device was working battery changed Tested for 1 day no problem today when I turn on the device the keyboard + touchbar + speaker does not work, I reinstalled the software, but the result is the same. Headphones have sound but no sound out. the keyboard has backlight but the keyboard is not working the touchbar is not working. No liquid damage on the motherboard. R5103 1.8v available. keyboard J6701 socket 1 no standing 1.8v available. what missing voltage might have affected these 3 hardware?

Re: 820-01700-A macbook pro

Issues after the battery change?

Check the ESD diode linked to the smbus lines (SCL and SDA) on the battery connector.

Carefully measure the voltage to ground of each pin of the battery connector. Post the pin # and each voltage.

If either the SCL or SDA pins are low, the smbus interconnect is not working due to a damaged esd tvs diode from an ESD surge event. Then the ESD diode has to be removed / replaced.

Comment

It was tested for 1 day after the battery was changed, everything was working, but after turning on the device today, these 3 hardware are not working.
      Last edited by kartal; 04-25-2023, 02:07 AM.

Comment

J6951
        1 - 0v
        2 - 1.7v
        3 - 1.7v
        4 - 0v
        5 - 0v
        6 - 0v

U6950 diode has been changed but the same problem still persists.
        Last edited by kartal; 04-25-2023, 03:17 AM.

Comment

The battery is dead?

Review this thread and resolution:

https://boards.rossmanngroup.com/thr...charger.61444/

Comment

battery is new 2 tried but the result did not change the same 3 hardware unfortunately does not work.

Comment

On the new battery, is there a charge?

Review the PPVBAT_G3H_CONN voltage to ground.

Pin # 2 & 3 are linked to the I2C (SCL & SDA) lines and ~1v8 is correct.
              Attached Files

Comment

R5221 resistor shows 1 input 1.8v 2 no 1.7v. with the battery installed. the battery is charging, the device turns on, but still the keyboard + touchbar + speaker is not active. There is sound in the headphone output. these 3 hardware is not working .PPVBAT_G3H_CONN voltage 12v available.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by kartal; 04-26-2023, 07:24 AM.

Comment

1v7 is ok since the clk line is pulsing high and low so the voltage is normal to show a bit lower.

Comment

so where could the problem be in 3 hardware disabled device.

Comment

Check your voltage to ground of

PP1V8_SLPS2R
                      P1V8G3S_EN
                      PP3V3_G3H_T

What are the measurements?
                      Attached Files

Comment

Did you remove the board and trackpad before replacing the battery? Is the battery a genuine Apple battery or generic/third-party? Did you damage the battery data cable?

This sounds like physical damage to the board. Inspect closely. Make sure cables are not cracked/damaged.

Comment

Originally posted by mon2 View Post
                          Check your voltage to ground of

PP1V8_SLPS2R
                          P1V8G3S_EN
                          PP3V3_G3H_T

What are the measurements?
                          now i can see both voltages are available. The device was brought to me from another service, the battery was changed, the battery is not the original apple, but it is a quality battery. It worked flawlessly for 1 day. After 1 day, when they turned on the device, the keyboard, touchbar and sound did not work. I have examined the motherboard a lot, there is no liquid contact or broken parts. voltages seem fine. The device is charging, it opens with both the cable and the battery. There is no problem in its operation, but these 3 hardware do not work. This is the first time I encounter such an error.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by ugamazing View Post
                            Did you remove the board and trackpad before replacing the battery? Is the battery a genuine Apple battery or generic/third-party? Did you damage the battery data cable?

This sounds like physical damage to the board. Inspect closely. Make sure cables are not cracked/damaged.

battery is not original apple but same quality battery. The device worked flawlessly for 1 day after the battery was changed. The next day, when they turned on the device, the keyboard + touchbar + speaker sound did not work. The device is charging, it works with both the adapter and the battery, but these 3 hardware do not have voltages, I can't see any problem, I can't see any physical problem. There is no broken piece on the motherboard. I tried with another battery, same result. This is the first time I have encountered such an error.

Comment

Working...
                            X