Wson8 spring pin probe WORKS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wson8 spring pin probe WORKS

I couldn't find anywhere on the internet where someone had discussed actually using one of these newer wson8 probes for flashing your Wson8 BIOS chip without removing it from the MB.
    I recently ordered one to give it a shot and it actually worked quite well.

The tricky part is obviously keeping the probe pins in place on the exposed Wson8 pads of the MB while reading/writing.
    I used a larger binder clip attached to the top of the probe to create a large flat surface, then added about 1lb of weight to it.
    This aided greatly in allowing the probe to stay in place with help of a steady hand.

Sky is the limit on more elegant solutions to hold the spring probe in place, but I wanted to post that it worked and wasn't really any more difficult finding the correct position than using a Soic8 clip on chips with exposed legs.

Re: Wson8 spring pin probe WORKS

Would love to see pictures if you wouldn't mind.

I know what "probes" are ... but do you mean a POGO ..? Hence the request for pics.

Comment

To use pogo pin with WSON8 you need fast reader/programmer like raspberry pi with flashrom. Just need to keep it in position for 30s to read 32MB file.
      Attached Files

Comment

Hmm, I have an idea..
        this is an old film developing device, I use it as a tripod for a camera or lighting

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...and_Yunost.jpg
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Barboska; 04-03-2023, 10:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by anhbanxoi View Post
          To use pogo pin with WSON8 you need fast reader/programmer like raspberry pi with flashrom. Just need to keep it in position for 30s to read 32MB file.
          That's a sweet rig. I was just using a CH341 on a Windows 10 laptop, read was about 2 min, 3 for write.

Comment

Originally posted by Barboska View Post
            Hmm, I have an idea..
            this is an old film developing device, I use it as a tripod for a camera or lighting

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...and_Yunost.jpg
            Brilliant!

Comment

Working...
            X