GV-N980WF3OC-4GD Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GV-N980WF3OC-4GD Help

Hi, I have a GTX 980 with blown mosfet and caps - does anyone have a schematic so I can figure what caps to replace them with? R174 & R172.
    I got the title model number when searching the board number V15027-1

Re: GV-N980WF3OC-4GD Help

These are inductors on the 12v in to one of the memory phases on a 980ti, mine had burned a hole in the PCB, the pads were totally gone and I replaced them with 0.2mm jumper wire (the other memory phase is powered from 12v from pcie and is 10a fused with no inductors). The dual mosfet was also blown in my case, and the gpu/memory survived.

Comment

Forgot to mention the NCP81172 phase controller was also blown, here are a couple of photos:
      Attached Files

Comment

Good work, well I've replaced the mosfet and not the caps, benchmarked on Valley for over an hour without issue so I'm going to call that one a win.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Moosiv View Post
          Good work, well I've replaced the mosfet and not the caps, benchmarked on Valley for over an hour without issue so I'm going to call that one a win.
          Awesome, at least you know the gpu and memory survived. Ideally you still need to make sure that memory vrm is working (it will work on just the other one, but may have stability issues). If R172/174 are open circuit, it is not working, you should have 12v on the top of those. The best way to check it is working is with an oscilloscope on the mosfet side of the coils, failing that a multimeter in frequency mode (you should see around 500khz), you may even be able to tell in voltage mode, but a non working phase will probably only measure a few 10s of millivolts lower ie. 1.53v vs 1.51v

Comment

Working...
          X