Asus Cusi-M doesnt post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asus Cusi-M doesnt post

I had an Asus Cusi-M, when i turn it on the board powers up but suddenly it goes to standby and it doesnt post.... the fan wuld start spinning the it would turn off.....

Re: help here plssss....

can you give more information?

did the board work good before?
    did it stop working when you changed something?
    did it stop posting one day but was working ok before that?
    do you have video or nothing?
    are there any beeps and if not did you wire up the speaker correctly.
    Last edited by willawake; 03-13-2006, 09:25 AM.
    capacitor lab yachtmati techmati

Comment

i cleaned the board because it was so dirty, i didnt changed any settings.... i don have video and the speaker is correctly wired.... i saw that the VRM chip is rusted....

Comment

so it was working before you cleaned it?

it would be good if you could post a pic of the vrm chip and anything else that looks not normal on the board.

Comment

How did you clean it? A regular vacuum cleaner is a really bad solution because it's motor creates allot of ESD, that could potentially damage components...
          "The one who says it cannot be done should never interrupt the one who is doing it."

Comment

i washed it with a soap solution.... ok ill take pictures and ill post it here....

Comment

Err... did you rinse it? Dry it WELL? water hides under chipsets and stuff.
              Ludicrous gibs!

Comment

Originally posted by wonder_step
                i washed it with a soap solution.... ok ill take pictures and ill post it here....
                Your problems may not be washing-related, but as 'dood' said, water can certainly linger in a motherboard's less accessible places for some time after it's been washed.

Locations which I've found particularly troublesome in this respect include:

1. The CPU socket
                2. Under the larger BGA chips such as memory controllers (aka northbridge)
                3. At the bottom of expansion slots

My current strategy involves ending the "cleaning procedure" by rinsing a board down with distilled water, drying as much as possible using tissues and a not-too-hot hairdryer, and blowing into, and under, the 'difficult places' mentioned with a compressed air can.

PS: 4. Inside the cans of 'vented-open' GSC caps.

Comment

Originally posted by tiresias
                  PS: 4. Inside the cans of 'vented-open' GSC caps.
                  LOL, add some WD40 and you probably have an electrolyte solution better than the one that was in there to begin with
                  "The one who says it cannot be done should never interrupt the one who is doing it."

Comment

It this was after putting a processor heatsink on, the processor likely got damaged. You likely cracked the processor core. Sorry.

Had the same symptom before back in 2002, because I rushed a heatsink and thus wasn't gentle enough with my newest processor! That was an Athlon T-bird 1.3 ghz 100 mhz FSB. That was when transfering the T-bird 1.3 to another motherboard.

After clipping on the heatsink, when I turned it on, after seeing the monitor light change, it went back to orange and there wasn't any bleeps. RIP T-bird 1.3 ghz!
                    ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

32 GB G.Skill RipJaws V F4-3200C16D-32GVR

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6750 XT

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Western Digital Black SN850 1TB NVMe SSD

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"¡Me encanta "Me Encanta o Enlistarlo con Hilary Farr!" -Mí mismo

"There's nothing more unattractive than a chick smoking a cigarette" -Topcat

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

"did I see a chair fly? I think I did! Time for popcorn!" -ratdude747

Comment

not so easy to crack a p3 core. scratched trace maybe but water seems most likely.

Comment

well i made sure that the board is well dried....
                        i washed it then after that i let it dry up for 24 hours then i also made sure that its really dry by leaving the board dry up under the sun for 5 hours.....
                        the processor is good and doesnt have any damage....

Comment

Check the traces around CPU socket for damage. On some boards, they're easy to damage when removing/installing CPU heatsink.

Comment

already checked the traces around cpu socket and theres no damage.... maybe its a bad chipset... or something...

Comment

Originally posted by wonder_step
                              already checked the traces around cpu socket and theres no damage.... maybe its a bad chipset... or something...
                              By "goes into standby", do you mean that the PSU stays on, power still reaches the motherboard's components, but the board itself gives no signs of life whatsoever? No beeps? Do you have a port 80 diagnostics LED?

If that's the case, and you're sure the CPU is good... it will be difficult to narrow down the problem. It could be anything, from a corrupt BIOS to a loose pin, to a burnt trace somewhere, to any failed chip or other motherboard component.
                              Last edited by tiresias; 03-28-2006, 01:21 PM.

Comment

yep the psu stays on but there were no beeps and the only sign is the orange led at the female lan socket....

Comment

Re: Asus Cusi-M doesnt post

No beeps at all is not a good sign. Try a port 80 POST card, they are usually relatively inexpensive. Also, when you initially washed the board, did you remove the CMOS battery before?, and how long did you wait until you replaced the battery?

Comment

Re: Asus Cusi-M doesnt post

If the motherboard isn't even bleeping at all, it's likely that the processor got damaged. Did you try another processor?
                                    ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

32 GB G.Skill RipJaws V F4-3200C16D-32GVR

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6750 XT

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Western Digital Black SN850 1TB NVMe SSD

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"¡Me encanta "Me Encanta o Enlistarlo con Hilary Farr!" -Mí mismo

"There's nothing more unattractive than a chick smoking a cigarette" -Topcat

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

"did I see a chair fly? I think I did! Time for popcorn!" -ratdude747

Comment

Working...
                                    X