Kg7-raid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kg7-raid

While shuffling room contents during our home improvement project, I glanced at the mobo on my daughter's system. It's an ABit KG7-RAID that has run pretty much nonstop since summer 2002. I've been a bit lax on maintenance, I haven't been inside it in about five months. Six bad Nichicons; 3 leaking, 3 bulging. Can't tell what series. I'll attempt exact ID and pics next week (hopefully). This board is covered in Rubycon and Nichicon caps. It's in an aluminum Chenming (same design as the one I've posted in FS/FT forum) with excellent negative airflow. I'm just about to be sick. Now just waiting for the Panasonics on my QDI to fail...

Regards,
    Jim

Re: Kg7-raid

That is very frustrating to see, and I think for Abit too because they prolly built this board after all the flak the got over using poor quality caps and they used good quality and they fail anyway...

Impatiently awaiting the pictures ;-)
    "The one who says it cannot be done should never interrupt the one who is doing it."

Comment

Nichicon 105 deg 3300 mF 6.3v HM(M) H0135

Sparkle PSU FSP300-60GT mfg. in 1999; Matushita beer cans. All others are perfectly flat- topped, no bulging/leaking bungs Fuhjyyu; PSU is on its third fan and has run pretty much since the day I got it.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by jarobi; 01-17-2006, 01:38 PM.

Comment

thats interesting because dell referred to a period quite a few months after your board was built.

"The problem is isolated to a specific capacitor supplier which was used in system boards manufactured from April 2003 to March 2004. The defective Nichon capacitors were placed on two manufacturers' GX270 motherboards between 04/01/2003 to 03/20/2004.
        i think that is the first HM series fail pic i have seen, the others were HN series.

gonna recap it?
        capacitor lab yachtmati techmati

Comment

Yes. I'm sending it in to TC tomorrow or the next day. It's "mission critical" (daughter's PC) and I only attempt soldering on boards that don't really matter until my solder skills are up to speed.

-Jim

Comment

Is that a CPGA Duron on that board...

MD
            Ya'll think us folk from the country's real funny-like, dontcha?

The opinions expressed above do not represent those of BADCAPS.NET or any of their affiliates.

Comment

I have CPGA Duron 950. Is this rare?
              The great capacitor showdown!

Comment

Yep. Max supported CPU w/latest BIOS is a 2200+, a 1.3 Duron does what she needs it to do and then some.

Comment

Originally posted by willawake
                  thats interesting because dell referred to a period quite a few months after your board was built.

i think that is the first HM series fail pic i have seen, the others were HN series.

gonna recap it?
                  That sucks! Because I have an Asus A7N266-VM/AA motherboard with Nichicon HM (M) caps. That motherboard has been stable from the day that I purchased it. The caps are still fine.
                  ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

32 GB G.Skill RipJaws V F4-3200C16D-32GVR

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6750 XT

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Western Digital Black SN850 1TB NVMe SSD

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"¡Me encanta "Me Encanta o Enlistarlo con Hilary Farr!" -Mí mismo

"There's nothing more unattractive than a chick smoking a cigarette" -Topcat

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

"did I see a chair fly? I think I did! Time for popcorn!" -ratdude747

Comment

Working...
                  X