JGINYUE B85i-PLUS motherboard no signs of life

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JGINYUE B85i-PLUS motherboard no signs of life

I bought this chinese ITX motherboard around a year ago. It was on a secondary machine barely used. I bought it mainly because it has M2 SSD slot and mini PCIe for wifi.
    One day I pushed the power button and there was no reaction. No beeps, no fan spin, nothing.
    Removed power from the PSU, waited a few minutes, plugged it back and it powered up again fine.
    A week after, same thing but this time I could only make it power after plugging and unplugging everything several times (RAM, ATX connector, GPU, etc).

Now, I cannot make it power no matter what I do.
    I can't see anything burned and for sure there are no broken traces anywhere. Sometimes people scratch the pcb in the case mounting stands, but here it's not the case.

Any idea of what to check?

Last edited by Vspeed; 02-03-2023, 10:47 AM.

Re: JGINYUE B85i-PLUS motherboard no signs of life

if it does not even start up then it should be the starting circuit issue. you can check whether the power switch got 3.3v or not...
    not for begineers..this board no board view. so forget about easily trouble shoot

Comment

sounds like dodgy power supply %100 did you try another ?

Comment

Originally posted by anikin73 View Post
        if it does not even start up then it should be the starting circuit issue. you can check whether the power switch got 3.3v or not...
        not for begineers..this board no board view. so forget about easily trouble shoot
        The 3.3V are there. The PSU is fine. It's now being used in another machine.
        Could it be some crystal oscillator? I would replace them, but I cannot identify anything in the round bottom one.
        Maybe I should also try to clear the ME region of the bios.

Comment

Working...
        X