Problem with LCD Panel board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Problem with LCD Panel board

Suggest you re-measure the voltages of the OZ9936 as you did in post #12.

Comment

Hum ?
      since you have 5 volts in on 6 and ground on 3, I would think that when the 5 comes into 1 that 4 and 5 should turn on or at least try to.
      Bad chinese chip ? or something else is stopping it from turning on ?
      see what resistance you have on 4 and 5 to ground ?
      verify resistance on 1053 at R104

Comment

I have checked pins 4 and 5 and they actually "try" to turn on. They go up to 325mV for a short period of time and then they both go to zero.

Resistance between pin 4 and ground: 11.9 Momhs
        Resistance between pin 5 and ground: 12.7 Mohms

R104 is 105.5 komhs

Comment

Originally posted by jetadm123 View Post
          Suggest you re-measure the voltages of the OZ9936 as you did in post #12.
          Voltages are the same than post #12

Comment

well, I am stumped.
            I went though my boards to see if I could find an so8 to compare readings, but most of my controllers are 14 or16 pin. I found an OZ9930Dn with 8 drop-in pin but I can not find a datasheet of that.
            325mV is like nothing
            Only thing I can think of doing is either removing resistors at R107 and R108 one at a time to see if that chip then puts out 5 volts at 4 and or 5 with them removed
            or
            If you have a fuse and since it doesn't seem like 4 or 5 are shorted, jump 5 volts to 4 and 5 to bypass the OZ (I think that should fire up the 2 aop609)

Comment

oh, this is getting even worse. I have removed R107 and when I turn it on the monitor doesn't do anything. I check with ohmeter and there's continuity between pin 4 and ground. I have removed the OZ and the continutiy persists.

Maybe I should try to link an external inverter which I have over here.

Comment

R107 is on pin 5 side so that shouldn't have caused pin 4 to short.
                Pin 4 goes pretty much right to the 2 AOP607 so one of them must be shorted

Comment

Yes, i have desoldered both mosfets and one of them was shorted. I give up.

Now I'm trying to connect an external inverter to power the lamps. I have located the ON/OFF wire coming from the logic board and now I'm looking for the brighness one. Do you know what range of tension have the brightness control?

Comment

the brightness is usually the pin next to the on/off where the two boards connect.
                    Your pictures do not cover that area from the bottoms so I can not point it out
                    it also travels to pin 7 of the OZ controller
                    No idea on your tension question ?

Comment

ok, thank you for all your help. I have located the brightnes control (next to the ON/OFF wire). When I change the brightness on the screen I can see how change the voltage on this wire.

But, the external inverter doesn't change the brightness at all. This inverter is like this one http://www.ebay.es/itm/390711004363 . It has 4 pins (V+, ground, ADJ, ON/OFF).

I will have to settle with change the contrast only.

Comment

did you check the voltage at the inverter to see if it is going up and down with dim ?
                        what is the highest and lowest it goes ?

other option
                        http://www.ebay.com/itm/LCD-Power-Su...-/231235076087

Comment

What do you mean by "at the inverter"?. I have checked voltage while connecting the inverter at pin ADJ and the tension is varying but not the brightness.

Maybe it would need more voltage, Right now I'm feeding it with 12v but the Vin says 10-30V
                          Last edited by mokie; 05-24-2014, 05:26 PM.

Comment

I wanted to know if the voltage right at the inverters pins of the power connector (not the bulbs) was going up and down.
                            and does it go all the way down to zero and up to 3 volts or do you have different amounts of voltages when you adjust it at the main board

Most of the inverters that I worked on like the one you are using used 12volts, so that should be ok
                            Last edited by bammbammfran; 05-24-2014, 05:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bammbammfran View Post
                              I wanted to know if the voltage right at the inverters pins of the power connector (not the bulbs) was going up and down.
                              and does it go all the way down to zero and up to 3 volts or do you have different amounts of voltages when you adjust it at the main board
                              It goes from 1.1v approximately to 3.3v. It doesn't get to zero.

Comment

not all inverters go all the way to zero and some go as high as 5

either way, I would think that since your voltage does go up and down in the common range that the inverter should dim some

you can try to reset the main board settings to factory if you have that option
                                I had one that resetting it fixed the dimming issues once
                                you may even have warm / cool / etc user settings options that affect brightness

Comment

Hi everyone , am interested in this topic , and would like to put my two cents .

Ok so we have here a working CCFLs but no display , witch leads to a lot of theorys but anyways , i se that you are measuring the Inverter IC outputs with a simple DMM witch is not a good idea , since the Inverter IC output is a high frequency square wave switching on/off the two MOSFETS .

So since we are still in the inverter board stage we shloud clear it up first but you can make the same tests for the SMPS power board witch consists of a PWM IC and mosfet/s .

IMO , start first with the power mosfets and check for shorts .
                                  And the best way to make sure the IC is working is checking the VCC pin first (~7 vdc) , and then putting oscilloscope probes at the IC outputs/driver to see if we got a square wave with an amplitudegoing from 5v to 12v.

If all the above tests good then its time to check the HV transformer.
                                  Last edited by SM-Piyes90; 05-24-2014, 08:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SM-Piyes90 View Post
                                    Hi everyone , am interested in this topic , and would like to put my two cents .

Ok so we have here a working CCFLs but no display , witch leads to a lot of theorys but anyways , i se that you are measuring the Inverter IC outputs with a simple DMM witch is not a good idea , since the Inverter IC output is a high frequency square wave switching on/off the two MOSFETS .

So since we are still in the inverter board stage we shloud clear it up first but you can make the same tests for the SMPS power board witch consists of a PWM IC and mosfet/s .

IMO , start first with the power mosfets and check for shorts .
                                    And the best way to make sure the IC is working is checking the VCC pin first (~7 vdc) , and then putting oscilloscope probes at the IC outputs/driver to see if we got a square wave with an amplitudegoing from 5v to 12v.

If all the above tests good then its time to check the HV transformer.
                                    Appreciate your help but now I'm trying to adapt an external inveter that I have. As you can read before, I have located both ON/OFF and brightness control but the brightness doesn't seem to work. Later on I would try to reset the logic board.

Comment

brightness issue may be a compatability issue.
                                      check the datasheets for the old invertor chip and whatever is on the replacement.
                                      there are 3 types of dimming.
                                      I2c serial
                                      PWM
                                      and variable voltage.

Comment

Maybe that's the problem. Now I have the monitor working without brightness control. Thank you all guys.

Comment

Originally posted by mokie View Post
                                          Maybe that's the problem. Now I have the monitor working without brightness control. Thank you all guys.
                                          What IC did you have on the older inverter and also the new one

Comment

Working...
                                          X