X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Viewsonic VE710b Power on black screen

I tested some components of the power board and this are the results:

Mark 1: L0606-817C (see pic)

pin 3 (black probe) pin 4 (red probe): reading: 0.83V - when backlights blinks the reading falls to 4V and back to 0.83V (always with the company of the "tick" sound and also the blink of the green power light)

pin 1 (black probe) pin 2 (red probe): reading: - 1.08V when backlights blinks the reading goes to 0V and back to 1.08V

Mark 2: Transistor (see pic)

leg1 (black probe) leg2 (red probe): reading: 12.8V, when backlights blinks the reading falls to 4.8V and back to 12.8V
    leg2 (black probe) leg3 (red probe): reading: -12.8V, when backlights blinks the reading falls to -4.8V and back to -12.8V

CONNECTOR CN6 Power Supplu (to mainboard) see pic attached
    black probe - red probe
    1-2: -12.8V when blinks the backlights and power led, the reading fall to 4.9V and back instantly to -12.8V.
    1-2: -12.8V when blinks the backlights and power led, the reading fall to 4.9V and back instantly to -12.8V.
    1-3: -12.8v idem
    1-4: 0V
    1-5: -12.8V
    1-6: -11.1V when blinks the backlights and power led, the reading fall to 8V and quickly to 1V then 9V and back 11.1V.

If I disconnect the mainboard from the power board, the tick sound dissapears but the readings in the CN6 of the power board (readings 1-1, 1-2,1-3,1-4 and 1-5 remains the same, except 1-6 reading is -10.4 V (instead 11.1V with the mainboard connected).
    Last edited by Guti904; 06-28-2012, 10:51 AM. Reason: some things missing!

Comment

Sorry, I forgot the pics!
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Guti904; 06-28-2012, 11:34 AM.

Comment

If you disconnect the connector to the panel does it make any difference
        The one on the main board at the top in your picture.
        Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
        http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

Transformer 51031512-00 / LSE L0615F2 readings:

black probe - red probe
          1 - 2 : 0V
          1 - 3 : 341V and falls to 332V when backlight blinks
          1 - 4 : 341V and falls to 332V when backlight blinks
          1 - 5 : 0
          2 - 3 : 338V and falls to 334V when backlight blinks
          2 - 4 : 338V and falls to 334V when backlight blinks
          2 - 5 : 0

(see pics)
          Attached Files

Comment

The pulsing Power light and voltages, indicate that you probasably have a short circuit in the Inverter section.You have next to each Inverter transformer a White Capacitor and on each end of them is a transistor.These, I point out AGAIN, are the Royer Components,AND are certainly the PRIME suspects.Put your meter on DIODE test, and measure each transistor the same way going from pin to pin and then reversing the leads,AND they should all read the same, in every way.These type of circuits are regularly used in Benq Boards,a lot being used in Older Dell models,and every time, I see a Power light going off and on, then at least one pair of these transistors will be short circuit somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by selldoor View Post
              I don't remember, i will try it and tell you what happens.

Comment

Originally posted by Rtech View Post
                The pulsing Power light and voltages, indicate that you probasably have a short circuit in the Inverter section.You have next to each Inverter transformer a White Capacitor and on each end of them is a transistor.These, I point out AGAIN, are the Royer Components,AND are certainly the PRIME suspects.Put your meter on DIODE test, and measure each transistor the same way going from pin to pin and then reversing the leads,AND they should all read the same, in every way.These type of circuits are regularly used in Benq Boards,a lot being used in Older Dell models,and every time, I see a Power light going off and on, then at least one pair of these transistors will be short circuit somewhere.
                Thanks for the tip Rtech, I will test that diodes and will put the readings to see how whe proceed.

Comment

That is my experience with failed BenQ monitors also, blinking power LED due shorted out (some will have E to C reading of 200 Ohms, not dead short 0 Ohm) 2SC5706/5707 because of bad tuning caps, bad solder joints.
                  Never stop learning
                  Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
                  http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
                  http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
                  http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
                  http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
                  http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

Originally posted by selldoor View Post
                    The result is the same, with or without the panel connected.

Comment

Originally posted by Rtech View Post
                      I see, there's a white cap and two C5706 transistors. This are the readings of the 4 transistors:

Inverter pic1:

Front transistor
                      1-2: 0 Ohm
                      2-1: 0 Ohm
                      2-3: 116 Ohm
                      3-2: 151 Ohm
                      Leg1 and leg2 are shorted right??

Back transistor
                      2-3: 117 Ohm
                      3-2: 151 Ohm

Inverter Pic 2

Front transistor
                      black probe - red probe
                      1-2: 494 Ohm
                      2-1: 487 Ohm
                      2-3: 1 (open circuit)
                      3-2: 506 Ohm

Back transistor
                      1-2: 494 Ohm
                      2-1: 487 Ohm
                      2-3: 1 (open circuit)
                      3-2: 506 Ohm

there's a way to void the faulty inverter to test the another?
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Guti904 View Post
                        I

Front transistor

Back transistor

Shorted, both are bad.
                        --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Is there a spare code to replace these diodes if I can't find the same?

What about void the faulty inverter? This can be done or I just have to wait after replace the transistors?

Comment

c5706s on ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=...rom=R40&_clu=2

Or you can use c5707s as most Benq boards use c5707s found commonly in lcds power/inverter supplies.

I have replaced my fair share of these burnt out c5707s as budm mentioned due to bad solder joints.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from...s&_stpos&gbr=1
                            --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

I use 2SC5707 in place of all 5706, 5707 has better rating.
                              Never stop learning
                              Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
                              http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
                              http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
                              http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
                              http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
                              http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

Hi guys, after search a lot, I found the C5707 transistor, I´ve replaced the two transistors 2 minutes ago, and I tested the power board with the mainboard and the panel board. I power on and the green power led turns on, then the backlights power on about one second and power off and after that power led change from green to ambar and remains in that status. My question is, without the screen connected, it's a normal behaviour or the backlights must be always on and the power led must remain green?
                                The reading of both C5707 between leg 1 and 2 is almost 8V when the backlights is on and falls to 0 when turns off.

Comment

I have the rest of the monitor at home, so when I leave work I'll test it all together.

Comment

I tested all, when I power on the monitor the screens appears with "Signal" the "No" word is missing and then goes to black. Also I noticed when backlights power on a white stripes on the left of the screen (about 2'' width), the rest of the screen is black with the cutt message "No signal". Any idea about this?

Comment

Here's the pic. The message is "sgnal" instead "No signal" and also you can see the white stripes at the left.
                                      Attached Files

Comment

Check and reseat all your connectors whether you touched them or not. Always plug in a source (i.e. computer display your favourite wallpaper).
                                        --- begin sig file ---

--- end sig file ---

Comment

retiredcaps, I connect a source and now I can see what really happens... the screen looks perfect only the right side, the left side are partially with the white stripes, the rest black.

Comment

Working...
                                          X