• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Viewsonic VE710b Power on black screen

Originally posted by retiredcaps View Post
    Perform a diode test for verification.

1) Set your multimeter to diode test.
    2) Put your red probe on pin 1, black on pin 2. Report reading.
    3) Put your red probe on pin 2, black on pin 1. Report reading.
    4) Put your red probe on pin 3, black on pin 2. Report reading.
    5) Put your red probe on pin 2, black on pin 3. Report reading.
    2) 1 (Infinite resistance)
    3) 240
    4) 240
    4) 0 Ohm

Comment

Originally posted by Guti904 View Post
      3) 240
      4) 240
      4) 0 Ohm
      Recheck the last reading. By the way, in diode test, all the units are volts, not ohms.
      --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Originally posted by Rtech View Post
        There are mutiple VE710b versions.the monitor should also have a model number on,and they are all different as far as I can tell.As different manufacturers can use different components, different layouts and circuits to obtain the same inputs and outputs,anything goes.So unless you got the above tfmr details from exactly the same board as this unit has then that is probably the difference
        The board model board is SLV03150450-00

Comment

Recheck the last reading. By the way, in diode test, all the units are volts, not ohms.
          Sorry, the last reading has 0 (there's continuity)

Comment

Originally posted by Guti904 View Post
            Sorry, the last reading has 0 (there's continuity)
            That is a weird reading. It should be out of range. I say this diode is bad.
            --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Another number that Viewsonic uses to identify the different revisions of the same model can usually be found on a sticker in the back of the monitor. It will read something like model: VSxxxxx. What is this number? It should help ID the power supply.

Comment

That is a weird reading. It should be out of range. I say this diode is bad.
                Sorry, i retest the last two readings:

3) 240
                4) Open circuit....

So, that means the transistor is ok?

When i power on the board sounds noisy, i don´t know if this is normal or is because a faulty component.--

Comment

Hi - you will have to be more exact as to where the sound is from roll up paper or thin card tube and try and pinpoint where its comes from.
                  When you have put the mosfet back in (with it all connected up) what voltages do you get on the connector to the main board. I see the main cap seems to be a Ltec, they are not the best - what make are the smaller caps - if they are ltec they will need upgrading.
                  Bad caps can contribute to noise as the voltages on the board are not stable.
                  Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
                  http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

Originally posted by selldoor View Post
                    Hi - you will have to be more exact as to where the sound is from roll up paper or thin card tube and try and pinpoint where its comes from.
                    When you have put the mosfet back in (with it all connected up) what voltages do you get on the connector to the main board. I see the main cap seems to be a Ltec, they are not the best - what make are the smaller caps - if they are ltec they will need upgrading.
                    Bad caps can contribute to noise as the voltages on the board are not stable.
                    The ouput voltages to the mainboards are 5V and 12V, the first thing I measured was those, when i turn on the monitor the screen blinks two times and then goes black, after 4 or 5 secs after, blinks again (i think the blacklights try to turn on but they can´t).

I will solder the transistor and make a video to show you what happens...

selldoor, what do u think about the diode's readings??

Comment

If you have
                      3) 240
                      4) 240
                      5) 1 (Infinite resistance)

In accordance with retiredcaps test instructions then it is OK.

Better post a pic of the mainboard front and back and the board
                      on the back of the panel [if this model has one] take care in handling this.

Have you been able to retest the inverter transformers yet.
                      Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair

Comment

Well that is odd - it looks very much like this
                        Right inverter transformer:

P1-P2: continuity
                        P1-P3toP6: continuity
                        P2-P3, etc: continuity
                        P1-S1: 618
                        P1-S2: 822
                        P2-S1: 618
                        P2-S2: 822

Left inverter transformer:

P1-P2: continuity
                        P1-P3toP6: continuity
                        P2-P3, etc: continuity
                        P1-S1: 614
                        P1-S2: 818
                        P2-S1: 614
                        P2-S2: 818

Both have the same readings.

Here's two pics from the mainboard
                        Attached Files

Comment

If you have
                          3) 240
                          4) 240
                          5) 1 (Infinite resistance)

In accordance with retiredcaps test instructions then it is OK.
                          The resistance and diode tests suggest it is okay, but there is still the question if it outputs the correct voltage.
                          --- begin sig file ---

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Perhaps we need to go back to basics here ! When you switch on the Monitor, I assume the Power Led comes on ?? then when you switch the Computer on and apply a signal, what happens to the Led ?? eg recognises the signal?, therefore changes colour ?, and stays that way?, or flashes all the time etc etc?. According to the resistance readings the Inverter tfmrs are OK.Outputs of 5v and 12v seem to be normal.I note this is the standard Royer type setup, so doubt,based on the symptoms,must be considered reference the timing caps and associated transistors, and of course the Backlights themselves.This really does highlight the importance of having some test Backlights,and unless these can be eliminated and/or confirmed as the problem,then,you are now going to have to test all the Royer components,and hope that they indicate where you go next.

Comment

Originally posted by Rtech View Post
                              Perhaps we need to go back to basics here ! When you switch on the Monitor, I assume the Power Led comes on ?? then when you switch the Computer on and apply a signal, what happens to the Led ?? eg recognises the signal?, therefore changes colour ?, and stays that way?, or flashes all the time etc etc?. According to the resistance readings the Inverter tfmrs are OK.Outputs of 5v and 12v seem to be normal.I note this is the standard Royer type setup, so doubt,based on the symptoms,must be considered reference the timing caps and associated transistors, and of course the Backlights themselves.This really does highlight the importance of having some test Backlights,and unless these can be eliminated and/or confirmed as the problem,then,you are now going to have to test all the Royer components,and hope that they indicate where you go next.
                              When I power on the monitor, the power led comes on, the computer recognises the signal but no images appears, the screen remains black and blinks everytime, blinks two times with 3 or 4 seconds intervals. I will put the transistor in place and test it all again...

Comment

I uploaded a video to show you the little sound makes the power board after power on. In exact time the sound comes out, the screen partially blinks.

here's the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHpzS...ature=youtu.be

Comment

Do you have any spare working lcd bulbs or another panel (broken or laptop screen might do) to substitute for the current bulbs.
                                  Dont think you came back on this one - you really need to be able to try
                                  another bulb on this monitor or these bulbs on another monitor.

If you cant you will have to try and get to the bulbs in the panel and see if the wiring or bulbs are burnt.

Can you identify where the sound comes from.

Comment

I have in my work office a broken lcd monitor (only the lcd screen). I will remove the backlights and try it with this board...but the noise seems to come from the side of the main transformer, but cannot say the sound coming from it, but its from that sector...

Comment

If the cables will reach you may not need to dismantle it fully.

Comment

The mainboard sends to the power supply the on signal, but receives the correct voltage from the power supply?? I mean, if i disconnect the mainboard is posible to see in the screen the message (no signal?) without the intervention of the mainboard? (I'm asking supposing I can send the on signal to the power supply bypassing the correct pins or something like that...)

Comment

CN6 goes to the Logic Board, is there any markings on the bottom of the Board to tell you what is supposed to be on each pin ?? with only six pins, it is likely that they are 2 x ground, maybe 2 x 5/12volts,1 x Dim/adjust, and 1 x BLON/ENA,Using the latter and ground you can apply approx 3v,maybe from a battery,Power the Power board ONLY,and have lamps plugged in, and if the Board is 100% the lamps will light.

Comment

Working...
                                          X