LG Flatron 19inch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LG Flatron 19inch

Ok got this monitor free. It doesn't seem to power on. I have been reading here for awhile. I would be a newbie with replacing caps. Thought I would try to replace the caps and see if it fixes the monitor. I also noticed the board got hot around U303 and U304.

Here are the things I was thinking of replacing. Should I replace anything else? How about the fuse?

C202: 25V 1000uF
    C203: 25V 680uF
    C204: 16V 1000uF
    C205: 16V 1000uF
    C206: 25V 1000uF
    C207: 25V 470uF
    C103 is also a GF, 50V 33uF
    Attached Files
    Last edited by maddog2040; 03-07-2011, 08:33 PM. Reason: Forgot pics

Re: LG Flatron 19inch

Unless the fuse is blown, no need to replace it.
    I've done a few Flatrons lately, caps usually do the job.

Make sure you use good quality low-esr caps. Not Radio Shack!
    36 Monitors, 3 TVs, 4 Laptops, 1 motherboard, 1 Printer, 1 iMac, 2 hard drive docks and one IP Phone repaired so far....

Comment

Originally posted by maddog2040 View Post
      C103 is also a GF, 50V 33uF
      Samxon GF caps are a known problematic series.
      --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

I couldn't find a fuse on my board. Is it possible there isn't one? Nevermind found the fuse. I can test this without removing?
        Last edited by maddog2040; 03-08-2011, 10:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by maddog2040 View Post
          I couldn't find a fuse on my board. Is it possible there isn't one? Nevermind found the fuse. I can test this without removing?
          Yes. With the monitor unplugged, set your DMM to the lowest ohms range (typically 200 ohms). Short the probe tips together and note the reading - it should be less than 1 ohm. Now measure the resistance of the fuse. The reading should be the same or slightly higher than the reading you got with the probe tips shorted.

PlainBill
          For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

At least one seems to be bulging. I just fixed one 19" Flatron (L1950E) yesterday which did not power up. Changing only the small caps did not help. The huge one was actually the failing part. It was only 68uF 450V and very slightly bulging. I replaced it with 100uF 450V and got the monitor bag alive, so just in case check also the big one.
            Attached Files

Comment

Interesting to finally hear about a failed large cap. BTW, what brand was it?

Comment

Originally posted by jetadm123 View Post
                Interesting to finally hear about a failed large cap. BTW, what brand was it?
                SAMXON. Piece of shit....
                Attached Files

Comment

LOL, SAMXON commercial running on top of this forum...

Comment

Working...
                  X