Identify Crimp Terminal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Identify Crimp Terminal

I'm trying to identify the crimp-on terminal connector used on this wire so I can replace it with a new wire. It is out of a wiring harness connecting my 06 Chevy Equinox door electronics to the car chassis. ie: power door locks, Speakers, power windows etc...

I would appreciate any input I can get. I've been searching though my newark catalog and on digikey.com but it's tough without any markings on it other than U3.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Jason

P.S. If this is in the wrong section of the forum I apologize.
    Attached Files

Re: Identify Crimp Terminal

looks a bit familiar - show the plastic shell.

Comment

A few pics of the plastic casing it snaps into as well as the reverse of the plug. Hopefully these help. Also a shot of the female side that it snaps into.

At this point I'm leaning toward some sort of Delphi brand connector. I've found a few that are similar but not an exact match.

I appreciate the assistance with this. A new harness is about $200.00. If I can find the right parts it should cost less than $10 to fix it myself.
      Attached Files

Comment

Why not search digikey for an environmental splice and reuse that pin? I would probably contact the dealer first. After that perhaps Napa or some such. Also try a couple body shops and stereo installation shops. Digikey, Mouser and the like probably won't stock it. GM used to use weatherpack pins for almost everything in the 80's.
        sigpicThe Sky Is Falling

Comment

i'm surprised there is nothing written on that - not even a batch number!

complex bastard, probably Tyco, otherwise could be from Molex or Amphenol (AMP)

Comment

Didn't know about the environmental splices. That's certainly a possibility.

At this point I'm also considering exposing the wire near the connector and soldering an extension directly to the connector since it has a little play room in the plastic housing.

Thanks to everyone for the suggestions.

Comment

I have opened up the crimps on the pin and crimped it back onto a new wire and soldered it as well. I don't think a solder joint alone is strong enough for this application.

Comment

lead free solder is strong.

Comment

True, lead free is much stronger.

Comment

I'm going to try and open one of them and re-crimp a new flexible wire in. Plus add a bit of solder where the strands touch the connector.

I'll probably get time for that over the weekend.

Comment

Working...
                    X